Windows 10: computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

Discus and support computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; so I have the lenovo ideapad 5 running windows 10 of course, and whenever the screen goes off the lock screen appears when I entract.. this is new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by el-godric, Sep 10, 2021.

1. el-godric Win User

computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

so I have the lenovo ideapad 5 running windows 10 of course, and whenever the screen goes off the lock screen appears when I entract.. this is new thing, in past days when screen is off it wouldn't go to lock screen or anything it just turn on normally. I tried to restore power settings to default it didn't work! not sure what are my options

:)

el-godric, Sep 10, 2021

2. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 10, 2021
  4. computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

"Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" goes on forever

Hi,

I bought my father a new desktop computer this christmas - Lenovo IdeaCentre 510S (so it has Windows 10, and as far as I know it has all the latest updates to it's os after I set it up). And it has been working until this morning when it apparently started to update itself, and according to my parents there has been a blue screen with "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" on it since 9 am - it's now 15 pm.

I've turned the computer off and on again and the screen goes blank, then a swirly thing appears at the bottom while the screen is still black and it goes straight into the blue screen of annoyance. I can't even get into the safe mode despite pressing often F8.

I've googled and googled and nothing else works!

What can I do??? (and I need simple, step-by-step instructions please)

FatherJack1980, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

1. computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off - Similar Threads - computer goes straight

2. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on: I have an HP monitor. Lately, when I turn on my computer the monitor is black, then shows "Monitor going to sleep" and never wakes up. I have the settings for the monitor to 'never' go to sleep, however, something's going on that keeps doing it. I don't see anything else...
  5. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  6. Computer start up goes straight to Bios.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer start up goes straight to Bios.: A while back I had an issue with my computer thinking it was a hard drive issue and tried to fix it without any professional help, I dont have much knowledge about computers and messed up my computer even more. I thought busted my hard drive because I cleaned my hard drive...
  7. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off: Hello everyone My laptop screen goes off after 2 minutes as set, and when I move the mouse my screen relights up but is glitched. If I minimize all programs it rectifies it and everything is back to normal. It happens on any open file/program but not to the task bar or...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  9. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  10. Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle: Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes. 34973