Windows 10: Computer goes to a black screen randomly

Discus and support Computer goes to a black screen randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Foxageddon, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Computer goes to a black screen randomly

My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer (discord and Spotify both stop) and then the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. Originally I thought it was a graphics card driver issue but I just updated them last night and the issue is still present. The only way to get it to fix is a hard reset and cutting the power from the entire system. Any advice is very much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Foxageddon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Foxageddon, Apr 6, 2020

2. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Computer goes to a black screen randomly

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer goes to a black screen randomly

1. Computer goes to a black screen randomly - Similar Threads - Computer goes black

2. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  5. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  6. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  7. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  8. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Computer randomly goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer randomly goes black: My computer will randomly go black while in use. The computer completely shuts down but immediately turns back on but the screen does not come back on. I have to unplug it and plug it back in and when I turn it on after that it goes to the BIOS where it says: Boot failure...
  10. Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on: Hello everyone, In the last week or so I've been having a scary recurring problem. Randomly once or twice a day, during times of normal non-gaming use, both of my monitors on my desktop will go completely black, and the sound will stop. There is no cursor or other input...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my screen go black randomly