Windows 10: Computer goes to a black screen randomly

Discus and support Computer goes to a black screen randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Foxageddon, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Computer goes to a black screen randomly

My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer (discord and Spotify both stop) and then the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. Originally I thought it was a graphics card driver issue but I just updated them last night and the issue is still present. The only way to get it to fix is a hard reset and cutting the power from the entire system. Any advice is very much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Foxageddon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Foxageddon, Apr 6, 2020

2. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Computer goes to a black screen randomly

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer goes to a black screen randomly

1. Computer goes to a black screen randomly - Similar Threads - Computer goes black

2. Computer black screening randomly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer black screening randomly?: I run a minecraft server off of a old spare computer i own, and it's recently been black screening at random points. It disappears off of teamviewer, server shuts down, and plugging in a monitor results in a black but still lit screen. Going into the Event Viewer shows an...
  3. Computer randomly goes to blue screen then reset

Computer randomly goes to blue screen then reset: Hi when I'm on my computer watching a video or just reading and when I'm gaming my computer will just got to a blue screen with a QR on it and failure info..I run virus sans and do memory scan and the maintenance checks and nothing. I deleted cookies etc... and it still...
  4. Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on

Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on: Hello everyone, In the last week or so I've been having a scary recurring problem. Randomly once or twice a day, during times of normal non-gaming use, both of my monitors on my desktop will go completely black, and the sound will stop. There is no cursor or other input...
  5. Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly: For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while gaming. While surfing in the web there are some vertical lines going yellow/black at a constant area of 7 cm height at about ⅔ of...
  6. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly/7478cfe4-7112-476c-b98d-6d950f69071d
  7. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...
  8. Random black screen, computer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen, computer unresponsive: Earlier today I was just using my PC, same as usual, when both monitors suddenly went black and started showing the no signal message. I unplugged and reconnected both ends of the cables, tried different ports on my GPU but nothing. I then tried to connect through teamviewer...
  9. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  10. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my screen go black randomly