Windows 10: Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

Discus and support Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having a strange issue - my computer randomly goes to lock screen. I have automatic lock screen turned off It happens both when gaming (which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/edenspresence, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

I am having a strange issue - my computer randomly goes to lock screen. I have automatic lock screen turned off

It happens both when gaming (which is really annoying playing online) and when just using normally. It often happens a few times in a row (after I log back in each time). I am not accidentally pressing windows key + L

Steps I have taken: I have the lock screen set to never timeout to. I have checked that windows is updated. I have reinstalled windows!

I have looked in the event viewer. In there, there are many repetitions of logon (event 4624) and logoff (4634) Special Logon (4672) and User account management (4738) at the time it happens

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/edenspresence
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/edenspresence, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 6, 2020
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. goosmurf Win User

Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

1. Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming - Similar Threads - Computer goes lock

2. Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.: I have a problem. While i'm working on my laptop the screen suddenly goes black. I wait or click my mouse. Than one of two things happen. - I end up at my lock screen, log in and go on. option 1- power light turns of. it appears that my laptop has turned itself off. the black...
  3. Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.: I have a problem. While i'm working on my laptop the screen suddenly goes black. I wait or click my mouse. Than one of two things happen. - I end up at my lock screen, log in and go on. option 1- power light turns of. it appears that my laptop has turned itself off. the black...
  4. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  5. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  6. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer's Screen goes black then locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer's Screen goes black then locks: After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix this and this is what settings I have set right now: Power Plan Options: Turn off the display: Never Put the computer to...
  8. Computer goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep by itself: My computer screen turns itself off. Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  9. Screen says "locking" during games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen says "locking" during games: When I was playing GTA and Rainbow Six Siege recently, the computer suddenly showed me a "locking" screen and it turned off my laptop. Is there a way to fix it? submitted by /u/rebornaxe01 [link] [comments]...
  10. Lock Screen During Games

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen During Games: My windows 10 will go to a lock screen during games. Specifically, iRacing when using the wheel as my input. I have even disabled the lock screen, but it does not seem to have helped. 47342