Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KarlStansell, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange three times and white six times. I have to hold the power button for it to go off. When I hit the power button again it shows a white light and then immediately starts the orange and white light pattern again. I have tried unplugging the computer and plugging it into another outlet, pressing the windows key on the keyboard, the space bar all to no avail. I simply cannot get the computer to come back up. Anyone have any other suggestions. There is no antivirus on this computer other than what Windows may provide.

:)

KarlStansell, Mar 15, 2019

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

I built my very own computer with Windows 8 running however, I wanted something new instead of Windows 7 that I've been on for years. Anyways, I put it to sleep, it wakes up and then a little after, it goes back to sleep. Why? It also does turn on in it's own and it's something that Windows 8 programs it to do for maintenance or something and I don't know how to turn that off?

All answers are appreciated, thank you! God bless! Happy holidays!

jojellybean, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Unable to wake computer from sleep (KB3211320)

Hi Dano,

To resolve your issue regarding turning on computer from sleep, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Buzzybuzz on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

1. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  3. Sleep and Wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  4. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  5. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  6. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  7. Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it

Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it: I have Windows 10 installed and after I leave it for a while, it goes to sleep. A large percentage of the time (though not always) I am not able to wake it. I've gone through power management and told it NOT to turn off display and NOT to put the computer to sleep....
  8. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...