Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KarlStansell, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange three times and white six times. I have to hold the power button for it to go off. When I hit the power button again it shows a white light and then immediately starts the orange and white light pattern again. I have tried unplugging the computer and plugging it into another outlet, pressing the windows key on the keyboard, the space bar all to no avail. I simply cannot get the computer to come back up. Anyone have any other suggestions. There is no antivirus on this computer other than what Windows may provide.

:)

KarlStansell, Mar 15, 2019

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

I built my very own computer with Windows 8 running however, I wanted something new instead of Windows 7 that I've been on for years. Anyways, I put it to sleep, it wakes up and then a little after, it goes back to sleep. Why? It also does turn on in it's own and it's something that Windows 8 programs it to do for maintenance or something and I don't know how to turn that off?

All answers are appreciated, thank you! God bless! Happy holidays!

jojellybean, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Unable to wake computer from sleep (KB3211320)

Hi Dano,

To resolve your issue regarding turning on computer from sleep, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Buzzybuzz on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

1. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up. - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  3. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  4. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  5. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  6. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  8. COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE: Of late the computer often will not wake ip from sleep mode using the mouse or keyboard. The computer power light is on so pressing that no help. Am forced to cut power to the computer and then power it back up...
  9. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  10. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...