Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep by itself

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep by itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer screen turns itself off. Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM Status Report sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sebastián Balbi, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Computer goes to sleep by itself

My computer screen turns itself off.

Source
    LockApp.exe

Summary
    Stopped responding and was closed

Date
    ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\LockApp.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppHang
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.LockApp_10.0.18362.449_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
    Application Name: praid:WindowsDefaultLockScreen
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.997
    Application Timestamp: 5f112269
    Hang Signature: 06c6
    Hang Type: 2097152
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 06c67579b617ccdb65cec13f4ae3d3b1
    Additional Hang Signature 2: ce3e
    Additional Hang Signature 3: ce3efdda9b215b8d7afe8dde9a54dae1
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 06c6
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 06c67579b617ccdb65cec13f4ae3d3b1
    Additional Hang Signature 6: ce3e
    Additional Hang Signature 7: ce3efdda9b215b8d7afe8dde9a54dae1

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 367f1b8cb5dcd4761a7653488db7cfe5 1906803063318368229

:)

Sebastián Balbi, Aug 23, 2020

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Computer goes to sleep by itself :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Computer goes to sleep by itself :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer goes to sleep by itself

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer goes to sleep by itself

1. Computer goes to sleep by itself - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  6. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  7. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?: As the title states for some reason my PC wont put itself to sleep? I know it has to be some application thats keeping it awake but Im genuinely at a loss as to what it might be. Ive tried everything from changing the sleep and power saving settings ( as I am on windows 10)...
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Computer goes to sleep early

Computer goes to sleep early: I have a HP Z Book with Windows 10 64 bit. No matter what settings I use it always goes to sleep after one minute. Unless you choose never and then it shuts down when the battery is depleted. Any suggestions? Thanks....