Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep early

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep early in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a HP Z Book with Windows 10 64 bit. No matter what settings I use it always goes to sleep after one minute. Unless you choose never and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stinger7018, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Computer goes to sleep early

I have a HP Z Book with Windows 10 64 bit. No matter what settings I use it always goes to sleep after one minute. Unless you choose never and then it shuts down when the battery is depleted. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:)

stinger7018, Jul 6, 2019

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Computer goes to sleep early :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Computer goes to sleep early :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer goes to sleep early

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer goes to sleep early

1. Computer goes to sleep early - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.: I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange three times and white six times. I have to hold the power button for it to go off. When I hit the power button again it shows...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer goes to sleep when stop typing: My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a troubleshooting method...
  4. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  5. Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution: HP Probook 450 G2 Win10 Pro 64-bit My Win-10 laptop began going to sleep too early in 2017, and all the suggestions for setting the timeouts to "never" and such like made no difference at all. I did a lot of research and discovered this problem seems to be wide-spread. I...
  6. Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode: I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode. The service is for EDI integration. The problem is that once the user is back in, the service shows that it is running, however it is not....
  7. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  8. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  9. Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle: Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes. 34973
  10. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...