Windows 10: Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute

Discus and support Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.557. The computer seems to completely ignore the Sleep setting I selected in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BradBross, Jul 5, 2019.

1. BradBross Win User

Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute

Hello,

I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.557. The computer seems to completely ignore the Sleep setting I selected in the Settings / System / Power & Sleep / Sleep / "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after". Currently that setting is 30 minutes. The PC goes to sleep after about 1-2 minutes of idleness. I am not too sophisticated in these matters so if you can offer the simplest solution, I would appreciate it. ty

:)

BradBross, Jul 5, 2019

2. computer goes to sleep

if left idle for just a couple of minutes the computer goes to sleep

Golf Hacker, Jul 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle

Hello, suggest you inspect your event log (event viewer) and look for event ID 42 which is recorded when your PC sleeps.
    That may help identify what's doing this.

Meanwhile, to hopefully prevent this (as a workaround so you can use your PC), you can download and run 'Don't Sleep' (freeware).

There are many many threads on this forum about sleep issues - please use these as a resource for research.

E.g.
    Solved Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Machine goes to sleep, can wake it - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what. - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 5, 2019
  4. socklosk Win User

Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes.

socklosk, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute - Similar Threads - Computer Goes Sleep

2. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  3. Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle: Hi guys, My son has a custom built pc running the latest version of window 10 that has been having blue screen errors after about five minutes on idle. The error codes are sometimes different and I can't seem to track the cause down. I've tried disabling various sleep...
  4. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  5. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  6. Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle

Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle: Earlier today I was downloading files from my browser and my computer went to sleep halfway in. This random sleeping happens occasionally. The event viewer doesn't mention anything about overheating, it always says it's just idle (event 42): [img] sleep settings [img]...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle: Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes. 34973
  10. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command: I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help. Thanks, Mike 78669

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen sleeps after 3 minutes idle