Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep when stop typing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertaBlackburn, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a troubleshooting method

:)

RobertaBlackburn, Mar 6, 2019

2. System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep.
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you. *cry

AndrewClaybrook, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

Music stops playing when monitor goes to sleep

I am also not happy with this answer, as it doesn't even address the issue raised.

The issue is not that it is stopping playing when the computer goes to sleep (which it does of course), but it is that it stops playing when the screen is turned off for power management reasons.

I have been down the setting and it's set to high performance settings and it's set to turn nothing off apart from the screen. The question is why would power management turning the screen off cause an app to go to sleep and stop playing?

DaveSmith_990, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

1. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep: This is an obnoxious issue that I cannot find a real solution for, beyond a workaround.I have my audio coming from an HDMI output on my Nvidia 2070 super, going to a receiver. The only way I can make it appear in the system is to have windows treat it like a display and...
  6. Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep: This is an obnoxious issue that I cannot find a real solution for, beyond a workaround.I have my audio coming from an HDMI output on my Nvidia 2070 super, going to a receiver. The only way I can make it appear in the system is to have windows treat it like a display and...
  7. Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  9. Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode

Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode: I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode. The service is for EDI integration. The problem is that once the user is back in, the service shows that it is running, however it is not....
  10. System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing: As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you. *cry 38316