Windows 10: Computer going to “locking” screen

Discus and support Computer going to “locking” screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by soulpunkz, May 2, 2020.

1. soulpunkz Win User

Computer going to “locking” screen

Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found nothing, is this my computer dying? Or is something else? After this I have to turn it back on, as if it’s just randomly shut off.

:)

soulpunkz, May 2, 2020

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 2, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Computer going to “locking” screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 2, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer going to “locking” screen - Similar Threads - Computer going “locking”

2. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  3. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  4. computers on the network are going into lock mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computers on the network are going into lock mode: we have had several computers that have started turning on screen savers and have to be unlocked. we have not turned this on and it is still turned off as far as power saving. some users 2 minutes some 30 seconds.has an update been pushed out?...
  5. computers on the network are going into lock mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computers on the network are going into lock mode: we have had several computers that have started turning on screen savers and have to be unlocked. we have not turned this on and it is still turned off as far as power saving. some users 2 minutes some 30 seconds.has an update been pushed out?...
  6. computers on the network are going into lock mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer keeps going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps going to lock screen: Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for...
  8. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.: When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then eventually spreads out to every 8-10 minutes, but it's super annoying in the middle of a youtube video or screen recording....
  9. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...
  10. My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen: When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on the "hp recommended" power...