Windows 10: Computer gone 'crazy'

Discus and support Computer gone 'crazy' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How many antivirus programs are currently running? Were/are you using Mcafee? Were/are you using Avast? Were/are you using Windows defender? 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Motim, Jun 20, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

Computer gone 'crazy'

How many antivirus programs are currently running?
    Were/are you using Mcafee?
    Were/are you using Avast?
    Were/are you using Windows defender?

1) Turn off all non-Microsoft antivirus
    2) Turn on windows defender
    3) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    4) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)
    5) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)
    6) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

At this juncture only microsoft windows defender antivirus should be working and you should be in clean boot.

7) Open control panel and run the windows update troubleshooter.

8) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste all of the commands:

Net stop bits
    Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop appidsvc
    Net stop cryptsvc
    Del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat /Q
    Del "%HOMEDRIVE%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" /Q
    Del %WINDIR%\SoftwareDistribution\*.* /s /Q
    Net start bits
    Net start wuauserv
    Net start appidsvc
    Net start cryptsvc

All of the commands can be pasted and run at one time.

In administrative command prompt type: sfc /scannow

Attempt windows updates again.

In administrative command prompt copy and paste this command:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
    This command will post a txt file on the desk top that is the CBS log: %windir%\Logs\CBS
    If windows updates fails please use a share link (onedrive) and post the CBS log:

If the cbs log cannot be deciphered plan an in place upgrade using the bootable windows 10 iso.

zbook, Jun 25, 2017
  2. Motim Win User

Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    This is my partial answer: The only one antivirus installed is AVG, nothing else. I tried to activate Windows defender several times, temporarily stopped AVG, but Windows defender responded it found an antivirus software installed and refused to be activated, I tried this online and offline - windows defender is inoperative.
    Thanks

Motim, Jun 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Motim Win User

Computer gone 'crazy'

Hello,So sorry, but do no understand your answer. As stated above, the only one antivirus installed is AVG, nothing else, not Avast, not McAfee, so cannot uninstall what is not installed, there is only AVG antivirus.And attached the winver is 1511 (10586.318)
    Thanks

Motim, Jun 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Keeping on reading some of the tutorials on this forum about the upgrade, I am asking myself what do I gain if I make the upgrade, against what am I going to lose if I make the upgrade.
    If I am correct then I lose all Office (do not have the install CD), have to uninstall antivirus first, lose all my installed programs I use often, spent many hours installing and customizing them (assuming they fit to the upgraded system).
    If this is the only option to be able to get updates, then I think to stay with my (old) current system.

And by the way, any findings from the .zip file I sent some days ago (ADMIN-PC-Mon_06_26_2017_170635_31.zip).
    Thanks

Motim, Jun 27, 2017
  7. hawkman Win User
    well in those logs

Windows Updates is Dissabled
    Svhost is falling over
    Compatel like wise

You seem to have stopped multiple services

hawkman, Jun 27, 2017
  8. Motim Win User

Computer gone 'crazy'

Hello,
    Thanks for the answers.
    1.Windows updates was dissabled by me, after the uncontrolled updates downloading and installations, then non-stop restarts, at the end remained with a black screen. So I installed the updates one by one after downloading them from microsoft.
    2. The other two items in your answer, I do not understand wat it meens, and except the windows updates I have not stopped anything else.
    What shell I do about those two items ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer gone 'crazy'

1. Computer gone 'crazy' - Similar Threads - Computer gone 'crazy'

2. Windows menus gone crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menus gone crazy: As found in an older thread, I'm having the same issue as below:E_ZalmaCreated on October 14, 2020Windows menus "going crazy" after some timehttps://youtu.be/80f5EebL8zsAs the video shows, after some time all of the windows menus and appsbesides file explorer and task menager...
  3. Windows menus gone crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows menus gone crazy: As found in an older thread, I'm having the same issue as below:E_ZalmaCreated on October 14, 2020Windows menus "going crazy" after some timehttps://youtu.be/80f5EebL8zsAs the video shows, after some time all of the windows menus and appsbesides file explorer and task menager...
  4. Windows menus gone crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 7 gone crazy!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 gone crazy!: Hello,Up to around 3 weeks ago, I was enjoying my computer system with good old Windows 7 on it. Playing games, working on docs etc., until one day I turned on the computer to find my desktop completely changed and Windows 7 service pack 2 completely missing.I tried to system...
  6. Windows 7 gone crazy!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 gone crazy!: Hello,Up to around 3 weeks ago, I was enjoying my computer system with good old Windows 7 on it. Playing games, working on docs etc., until one day I turned on the computer to find my desktop completely changed and Windows 7 service pack 2 completely missing.I tried to system...
  7. windows screen gone crazy

windows screen gone crazy: hi my grey computer has started something weird. lines allover the place on the display and not working. i stepped on it and I'm think it could be the data cable or the display. the pc is a toshiba with win 10 plz help thx...
  8. PC gone crazy

PC gone crazy: Hi, Yesturday, I've installed an app for my printer and when it finished, my PC began to not respond to my clicks on closing or opening windows browser, start menu and so on. I dicided to physically shutdown my PC, but when I started up my PC this morning some app wouldn't...
  9. Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.: Was working the other day. Toshiba laptop. Couldn't log in because the keyboard was typing long blocks of gibberish after hitting one key. Finally got in with onscreen keyboard. Hitting space bar once types "7kp77k7k k7 7k7 7k7 7 7k" Hitting the a key types in...
  10. Downloading gone crazy

Downloading gone crazy: Since accepting updates to Windows 10, about two weeks ago, downloading has gone berserk. It just keeps repeating over and over until I have to close my computer to stop it. Help!...