Windows 10: Computer gone totally nuts

Discus and support Computer gone totally nuts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RichardNewton5, May 21, 2022.

1. Computer gone totally nuts

Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left click but that is all I'm typing this on another machine. In the end I got so frustrated I returned the laptop to its factory settings, but that didn't solve it. Is this a software problem or something to do with hardware? What can I do?thanks,Richard.

:)

RichardNewton5, May 21, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 21, 2022
  3. Paddy1066 Win User
    Laptop Gone nuts

So I noticed my Windows 10 Laptop was being excessively slow (its only a yr old and not used for anything to much)

I clicked on the windows/Start button (bottom left) and then the whole thing went nuts and keeps going nuts

If I go to type in the windows search bar, again it goes crazy just doing its own thing.

Anyone ever had this before? I've had Norton do a search and nothing found virus wise.

Could do with some advice please

Paddy1066, May 21, 2022
  4. Computer gone totally nuts

I am not able switch off the computer totally

Hi Thommy,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes to the power settings prior to the issue?

• Is your system up to date?
    As per the description, this issue may arise if the power settings are not configured properly. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on When I press power button
      and choose from the drop down menu to Shutdown.
    Now try to shut down the computer and check if it helps. If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• You may create the new power plan by clicking on the
      Create a powerplan on left navigation pane.

• Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on
      Next and change the settings accordingly and click on Create.
    After creating the power plan, you may try to shut down the PC and check if it helps.

Step 3:

You may try to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. It will find and fix problems with your computers power settings. Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Computer gone totally nuts

1. Computer gone totally nuts - Similar Threads - Computer gone totally

2. Computer gone totally nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer gone totally nuts: Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left...
  3. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  4. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?: This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the internet. Before I moved the laptop it was working fine. I don't know if that info is necessary, but it might be important....
  5. [Question] the ability to connect to wifi is just totally gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] the ability to connect to wifi is just totally gone?: this happened about a month ago. I opened my computer for the first time that day, and I just couldn’t connect to the internet. the little wifi symbol on the bottom bar was gone, and opening the wifi panel through settings just displayed a blank panel. I tried checking out my...
  6. Computer totally dead

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer totally dead: I have a Dell XPS 15 (L521X) running Windows 10. Yesterday I ran a windows update with the pc plugged in. When I came back to the computer, the screen was black and would not respond to me turning it on via the power button. Even the battery indicator light doesn’t work. How...
  7. Laptop Gone nuts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Gone nuts: So I noticed my Windows 10 Laptop was being excessively slow (its only a yr old and not used for anything to much) I clicked on the windows/Start button (bottom left) and then the whole thing went nuts and keeps going nuts If I go to type in the windows search bar, again...
  8. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  9. My Sound is Totally Gone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound is Totally Gone on Windows 10: Hello, My sound was working fine yesterday and today it's gone. I went to the following page below and followed all their suggestions except the last, putting the PC is safe mode, because I just don't know how to do it even with instructions. The sound won't come back on. I...
  10. Total Computer Freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total Computer Freeze: So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So i left installation overnight, i wake up in the morning and it say "Hi there" installation menu where you choose Country,...