Windows 10: Computer got stuck before login screen

Discus and support Computer got stuck before login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Computer got stuck before login screen

Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused this?

Here are all the programs I had running when the computer went into sleep mode, in case that's relevant:
    Microsoft Edge
    Google Chrome
    Microsoft Word
    Calculator

Specs:
    Windows 10 1903 build 18362.388 (64-bit)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

:)

allam447635, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen

Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button

It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter what you write it hever shows up.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wisam Katanank, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Computer got stuck before login screen

stuck into login screen with no login bar.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to get the login page properly to login. We will help you.

• Were you able to login in Safe mode?

I suggest you to Enable the Hidden Admin account and
    create a new user account
    and check if the issue persists.

If you can't open Settings, get to startup options from the sign-in screen:

• On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down
      while you select Power > Restart
      (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

• Select Command Prompt.

• Click on Command Prompt, type the command and click
      enter.

• net user Administrator /active:yes
        (there is SPACE after Administrator)
    Restart the computer to login to admin account
    and then create new user account and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer got stuck before login screen

1. Computer got stuck before login screen - Similar Threads - Computer got stuck

2. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password....
  3. computer stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer stuck on login screen: Hi! For over a year, I’ve had a computer that hasn’t worked. Every time myself or my family try to use it, we enter the password and it then get stuck on “Welcome...” next to the circling dots under my user. What do I do?Haven’t used it since January of 2020 since I got a new...
  4. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck: So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen. Task manager doesn't work. No projector options. Restarted to advanced repair and safe...
  5. My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode: My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode,it doesn't recognize my pin or password, I tried shift restart the trouble shoot etc even window +U and type from the desktop keyboard nothing works how can I bypass the password or restart in normal login???...
  6. Stuck before login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck before login screen: Hello- I have a Lenovo thinkpad A485 laptop. Yesterday it froze and wouldn't respond to ctrl-alt-dlt so I hard restarted it with the power button. When it turned back on, it went through the Lenovo screen like normal, but instead of loading the login screen, it loads a blank...
  7. Stuck before login screen Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck before login screen Help ASAP: Before the issue occured, i had only closed my laptop and put it in sleep mode. The next time i tried to use my computer i was stuck on my login background and that was it. There was no date, time, or power option. The screen was just blank with a cursor. I gave it a couple...
  8. Pc stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc stuck before login screen: I have used this pc for more then 2 years and i updated my pc to win 10 almost a year ago. So today i started my pc and it got stuck before the login screen i have to press a button to get to the login screen but it just got stuck my mouse and keyboard are working because it...
  9. Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at spinning circle before login screen: Hello, So here's my issue: I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD. It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error. I waited until the loading reached 100%, but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding...
  10. System boot stuck before login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    System boot stuck before login screen.: Hi! I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one. The problem: System boot stuck before login screen. The backstory: Messed around with ProgramData's ownership because the Indexer/Search didn't work. (read it...