Windows 10: Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?

Discus and support Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was in the middle of downloading a game from steam. I opened up epic to play borderlands while steam was still running. The game launched but was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheAbysmalDemon, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?

So I was in the middle of downloading a game from steam. I opened up epic to play borderlands while steam was still running. The game launched but was stuttering quite a bit. Once I got into the actual game I move my mouse and it is skipping quite a few frames. I go to press W to move forward and my game minimizes and some “pen settings” pop up in the bottom right corner. I try to alt+tab back into the game and as soon as I press any button it happens again. I close out of the game and could not even type anything into my browser or windows search bar without these pen settings popping up. I go to restart the computer and it hangs for a minute on the shutdown screen and a blue line appears at the bottom. Now the computer is running fine.

So what in God’s name did I just experience? I literally pressed nothing but W and moved my mouse and that catastrophe happened. I of course tried looking this bug up but go figure...no one has had a similar issue. Just updated the computer last night so I wouldn’t be surprised if that broke something.

submitted by /u/TheAbysmalDemon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheAbysmalDemon, Feb 13, 2020

2. Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 13, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?

1. Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason? - Similar Threads - Computer got stuck

2. My computer is stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stuck in recovery mode: My PC recently broke after a BSOD and is now stuck in recovery mode and I can't leave. I even tried resetting it, but it didn't work. I think this is a hard drive problem. Any help here please?...
  3. My computer is stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is stuck in recovery mode: My PC recently broke after a BSOD and is now stuck in recovery mode and I can't leave. I even tried resetting it, but it didn't work. I think this is a hard drive problem. Any help here please?...
  4. explorer.exe got removed for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer.exe got removed for no reason: I downloaded an application from the internet and it deleted explorer.exe from my computer, after a restart it shows a black screen and when im trying to run explorer.exe from Task Manager it says Windows cannot find 'explorer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and...
  5. explorer.exe got removed for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe got removed for no reason: I downloaded an application from the internet and it deleted explorer.exe from my computer, after a restart it shows a black screen and when im trying to run explorer.exe from Task Manager it says Windows cannot find 'explorer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and...
  6. explorer.exe got removed for no reason

7. Stylus pen highlight stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stylus pen highlight stuck: Recently the pen cursor highlight stuck in the taskbar of every app onenote, word, edge, etc. I used 4 differnt mouse highlight apps and the same problem happend, including Microsoft PowerToys.the mouse works fine, but when I use the pen, the highlight stuck in taskbar as you...
  8. Stylus pen highlight stuck

Stylus pen highlight stuck: Recently the pen cursor highlight stuck in the taskbar of every app onenote, word, edge, etc. I used 4 differnt mouse highlight apps and the same problem happend, including Microsoft PowerToys.the mouse works fine, but when I use the pen, the highlight stuck in taskbar as you...
  9. For some reason my Dell laptop is stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    For some reason my Dell laptop is stuck in recovery mode: My daughter has a Dell laptop with i3 4th generation. Her computer is stuck in recover mode. I think she attempted to wipe and reinstall we do NOT have a recovery disk. I believe she was down loading updates when this happened again. Ran the ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment...
  10. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck in pen mode