Windows 10: computer got worse after a driver update

Discus and support computer got worse after a driver update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; its now really slow and stuff, how would i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blazeycoolness7, May 28, 2020.

1. computer got worse after a driver update

its now really slow and stuff, how would i fix this?

:)

blazeycoolness7, May 28, 2020

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, May 28, 2020
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

computer got worse after a driver update

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 28, 2020
Thema:

computer got worse after a driver update

1. computer got worse after a driver update - Similar Threads - computer got worse

2. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  3. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  4. not sound after windows 10 update november2021 and become worse if update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not sound after windows 10 update november2021 and become worse if update drivers: my laptop was working perfectly with great sound and after a windows 10 update in November suddenly when i update my Realtek audio driver I lose all sound from my speakers and there was not any way for fix it so only way is update up drivers. i found the driver from my...
  5. not sound after windows 10 update november2021 and become worse if update drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not sound after windows 10 update november2021 and become worse if update drivers: my laptop was working perfectly with great sound and after a windows 10 update in November suddenly when i update my Realtek audio driver I lose all sound from my speakers and there was not any way for fix it so only way is update up drivers. i found the driver from my...
  6. not sound after windows 10 update november2021 and become worse if update drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My issue got worse!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My issue got worse!: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljmz23/issues_when_starting_up_from_hibernating/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share So I made that post and thought it was fixed because for few days it acted normal when I wake it from hibernation. This time it stayed black...
  8. Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?: Hello! 2 days ago I got the Windows 2004 update. I noticed that Cortana was then no longer available. Today she suddenly left again. I've noticed that Cortana can do almost nothing now. If she always set a timer for me before, this (and much more) is no longer possible....
  9. My internet got worse after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet got worse after resetting my computer: My internet got worse after resetting my computer. My windows laptop is the only device were if it isn't next to the router i only get 1 bar Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  10. Bsod got worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod got worse: Hello, my laptop is not turning on after this error. I used to see this error almost every other day. I thought it's nothing serious.. I even don't see any battery light (on laptop) when I connect it with the charger. I really don't understand what's the main problem.. I...