Windows 10: Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

Discus and support Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has started randomly freezing the video output, but audio will still play for a few seconds before the whole computer restarts. I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexanderHooper, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

My computer has started randomly freezing the video output, but audio will still play for a few seconds before the whole computer restarts. I believe the issue is a faulty driver. I ran the driver verifier and was given the error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION for the amdryzenmasterdriver.sys. I already reinstalled the graphics drivers but the problem persists. Here are the minidump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBJTpUWE40WCnJGaN6z0M6SCjWq1k7NS/view?usp=sharing and here is the output from speccy:

Summary

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 23 °C

Pinnacle Ridge 12nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz 15-15-15-36

Motherboard

ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 36 °C

Graphics

HP 27er 1920x1080@59Hz

DELL E2414H 1920x1080@60Hz

8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series C.P. Technology 56 °C

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 SATA 24 °C

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD 26 °C

59GB PNY USB 2.0 FD USB Device USB

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Computer type: Desktop

Installation Date: 2/16/2021 8:08:45 AM

:)

AlexanderHooper, Feb 24, 2021

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Computer Freezing!

My computer has been freezing for the past 2 weeks. Whenever I play games, after about 15-45 minutes of gameplay, the computer just freezes and I can't do anything about it except to restart. I don't know what to do anymore.

I scanned my computer with anti-virus, and there were a few minor ones that were fixed/deleted. My computer was still freezing. So I cleaned the registry. It found a lot but all of them were fixed/deleted. And now it still freezes when playing games (WoW). Is there anything else that I should do? My computer is overclocked right now to 2.75Ghz, should I lower it?

If you guys could help me, I would be really happy!

Thanks,
    -Azn

Azn Tr14dZ, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

1. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts - Similar Threads - Computer graphics freeze

2. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  3. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  4. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  5. Game freezes computer then restarts

Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  6. Game freezes computer then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  7. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  8. amd graphics computer freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    amd graphics computer freezes: whenever i try to install amd drivers on my laptop my computer completely freezes with no option but to force shutdown currently i have disabled it and my computer is working just but am unable to make any updates due to the driver installation which causes my computer to to...
  9. computer freezes on restart

computer freezes on restart: running windows 1709 every time i restart i have to do a hard restart because the computer freezes before it will fully shut down and restart . This only happens when when i do windows updates. So i am unable to do 1803 update because of this all drivers are up to date...
  10. Computer freezes on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on restart: I have had a few issues with my new HP Pavilion Pc570-P027, and now a new one. Whenever I restart the system (click restart) I get a blank screen with RESTARTING in the middle of the screen, and that's it! I can let it sit for hours, and nothing happens. I have to hold the...