Windows 10: Computer grey-screening

Discus and support Computer grey-screening in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Fans are running really high, ive never seen anything like this. Does anyone know what causes this screen to appear? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BucketofJava, May 21, 2023.

1. Computer grey-screening

Computer grey-screening w2y1wp1m4b1b1.jpg

Fans are running really high, ive never seen anything like this. Does anyone know what causes this screen to appear?

submitted by /u/BucketofJava
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BucketofJava, May 21, 2023
  2. dir_d Win User

HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, May 21, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 21, 2023
  4. LilAce_01 Win User

Computer grey-screening

Grey screen

I have an Dell E6400 laptop running Window 10 Pro. I can't give any more details because upon startup my laptop doesn't show any thing else except an infinite grey screen followed by 3 short beeps.This
    is what happened:

My computer was working fine the last time I successfully used it, which was about 3 days ago. Today, I opened the laptop, and when the screen turned on, it was solid grey. Tried pressing
    F12 but the computer does not respond. I had to hold down power button to restart yet the screen went straight to grey when it turned back on. Tried to get to Safe Mode by restarting again and pressing F12, no luck. Also i have tried checking with the ram
    and hard-disk but still no good. Tried letting the computer just sit with the grey screen, nothing happened. I honestly have no idea what could have caused this. No error messages, no recent updates or installations, etc.

Any suggestions?

LilAce_01, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Computer grey-screening

1. Computer grey-screening - Similar Threads - Computer grey screening

2. How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.: I restarted my pc removed files and I opened it and it showed a grey screen. After waiting a little bit it started flickering the grey screen so I restarted the entire pc.It still showed the grey screen flashing. Pls respond because I’ve had this glitch for 2 days now. I am...
  3. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  4. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  5. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  8. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey Stripe on Computer Screen: My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images & words can sometimes be seen through it. It does not change orientation when the screen goes from horizontal to vertical, or when...
  9. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey screen: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10. I downloaded Microsoft 365 office and since then I have no colors on my screen just grey. I have gone to settings and changed colors but nothing changes. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Laura...
  10. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...