Windows 10: Computer Hanging at random intervals

Discus and support Computer Hanging at random intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my computer has been hanging a few hours after reboot. What will happen is I will be playing a game, and my system will freeze for a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nightfox278, May 2, 2020.

1. Computer Hanging at random intervals

Recently, my computer has been hanging a few hours after reboot. What will happen is I will be playing a game, and my system will freeze for a second or so. If I don't restart my computer a little bit after the initial freeze, it will occur until I restart, and the freeze will take a longer amount of time. I have an LED keyboard, and during this freeze, the keyboard stops changing colors and then snaps back to what color it would normally be. I've checked if it is a physical RAM issue and tested it, and it is not. At this moment I am unsure if it is a memory leak, a driver issue, or something else. Thanks.

:)

Nightfox278, May 2, 2020

2. Computer freezing frequently at random intervals

I'm using windows 10 in my hp Probook 4540s.

My Computer freezes frequently at random intervals of 2 or 3 seconds. If I turn on the PC from first window itself it is behaving like this.

I'm facing this issue for the first time. Why it is happening like this?
    What I need to do to solve this issue.

crackhead.h, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10: How to change a theme slideshow time interval?

If you want to set intervals of your choice, you can do it by modifying the registry. Please follow the below steps to set the slideshow intervals:

1. Open Run and type regedit.exe
    2. Navigate to:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow

In here, the two important values are the Interval, and Shuffle.

Double click on Shuffle, and change the value to 1. OK.

Then change the Interval by double clicking on it. You'll first want to change the Base to Decimal, rather than Hexadecimal (otherwise you'll get unexpected interval values). Then change the value to your desired time, in milliseconds (10000ms for 10 seconds).

You can exit regedit now. The final step is to restart Explorer. You can do this through Task Manager if you know how, otherwise simply restart your computer.

user9081124, May 2, 2020
  4. Computer Hanging at random intervals

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Computer Hanging at random intervals

1. Computer Hanging at random intervals - Similar Threads - Computer Hanging random

2. Computer Crashing at random intervals, even when not at use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashing at random intervals, even when not at use.: Seems to be for different random processes.DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using improper addresses.If kernel debugger...
  3. Computer Crashing at random intervals, even when not at use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing at random intervals, even when not at use.: Seems to be for different random processes.DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using improper addresses.If kernel debugger...
  4. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  5. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  6. Random BSOD at random intervals

Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  7. Computer Crashing On Random Intervals

Computer Crashing On Random Intervals: Hello, So i have recently received a new desktop computer and having had to reset it to factory default due to consistent BSOD screens, I now have much less frequent crashes however recently it crashed giving me the following dump: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  8. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals: Help! Windows 10 computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals, after hours since last reboot. Mouse cursor doesn't react to movements of mouse, keyboard keys don't work at all, pressing numlock, capslock and scrolllock don't turn on or off the indicator lights on...
  9. BSOD with random errors at random intervals

BSOD with random errors at random intervals: Hello, So a while back I upgraded my PC, since then i've been getting bsod at random times with random errors. I've tried alot of things like checking the health of memory and storage. Reinstalled windows 10. Now about 3 weeks ago I updated my motherboard software by...
  10. Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day

Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day: My computer has been constantly crashing a few times a day for a few months now and I have not found out what the issue is. Im thinking that it has to do with a hardware malfunction because it seems like my drivers are working fine and are up to date. Attachment...