Windows 10: Computer hanging when waking from startup?

Discus and support Computer hanging when waking from startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently found myself with an issue on my computer. I like to use sleep mode instead of turning it off because then I don't have to deal with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GhostlyPoem0764, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Computer hanging when waking from startup?

Hi, I've recently found myself with an issue on my computer. I like to use sleep mode instead of turning it off because then I don't have to deal with 15 programs opening on startup. However, now whenever I wake it up from sleep and go to the login page it types gibberish (eg. B*ED2xAsdDe3$) and then hangs for a solid 30+ seconds. Is this a virus, or simply a windows glitch? Or is my keyboard the culprit? Please let me know.

submitted by /u/GhostlyPoem0764
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GhostlyPoem0764, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 20, 2021
  3. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 20, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Computer hanging when waking from startup?

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Computer hanging when waking from startup?

1. Computer hanging when waking from startup? - Similar Threads - Computer hanging waking

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  4. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  5. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440
  6. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...
  7. Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown: My system "hangs" after I Shut Down and then start back up. It doesn't occur when I Restart the system. * It "Hangs " when it gets to the black screen with the blue Windows logo in the center. I've waited a half an hour and remained hung. The "round working dots (for lack...
  8. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  9. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep: Hello everyone, Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just shows the Lenovo logo and does nothing, see attached photo. 20170918_233913.jpg Normal startup goes to this screen and after...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...