Windows 10: computer hangs at POST

Discus and support computer hangs at POST in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc hangs at startup at post screen it has now happened for second time what to do I have already tried changing ssd sata cable also changed psu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tushar_gamer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. computer hangs at POST

my pc hangs at startup at post screen it has now happened for second time what to do I have already tried changing ssd sata cable also changed psu cable that connects ssd what else should I do step by step?

:)

tushar_gamer, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 27, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

computer hangs at POST

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

computer hangs at POST

1. computer hangs at POST - Similar Threads - computer hangs POST

2. WISPTIS "Hangs" Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WISPTIS "Hangs" Computer: Tried to Copy a script generated by Bing Chat to go to bottom of Twitter pagesComputer immediately "hung" displaying a grey screen with out-of-focus colored shapes in backgroundTotally Unresponsive to Esc keyTotally Unresponsive to Ctrl+Alt+Del attempting to access Task...
  3. WISPTIS "Hangs" Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WISPTIS "Hangs" Computer: Tried to Copy a script generated by Bing Chat to go to bottom of Twitter pagesComputer immediately "hung" displaying a grey screen with out-of-focus colored shapes in backgroundTotally Unresponsive to Esc keyTotally Unresponsive to Ctrl+Alt+Del attempting to access Task...
  4. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installer hangs right after POST: I have been trying to install windows 10 on a computer. Here's what I do1. Make a usb stick32 gb with the official tool2. Plug in the stick to the computerAMD A10, 8gb of ram, 128gb Kingston ssd3. Power up the computer 3.5 Computer POST's successfully 4. Open boot options5....
  5. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installer hangs right after POST: I have been trying to install windows 10 on a computer. Here's what I do1. Make a usb stick32 gb with the official tool2. Plug in the stick to the computerAMD A10, 8gb of ram, 128gb Kingston ssd3. Power up the computer 3.5 Computer POST's successfully 4. Open boot options5....
  6. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC Hangs before POST on a restart

PC Hangs before POST on a restart: When REstarting my PC the sequence is as follows, the monitor turns blue, restarting text appears with the circling dots, the screen goes black, fans speed up and no signal led flashes on the monitor. At this point, I press the on/off button for five seconds to perform a soft...
  8. Computer Hanging

Computer Hanging: Hi! I've been receiving several problems with my PC these few days. The PC would suddenly become slow, with apps all hanging, but the cursor still works fine. Its just that buttons arent highlighted when the cursor is hovering above. After my PC failed to boot yesterday, I...
  9. pc hangs at POST

pc hangs at POST: after reflashing bios with same version pc worked fine for many days now it hanged again at bios but windows event log shows kernel power something it means windows is booting and it is windows problem?...
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...