Windows 10: Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

Discus and support Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nikado7, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Nikado7 Win User

Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it unfreezes. Event viewer never shows anything. My theory is its in the 2060 drivers, which I have geforce experience which automatically updates each time a new driver is released. I make sure every other driver is up to the latest as well. Any ideas?

:)

Nikado7, Mar 23, 2019
  2. wilhelm45 Win User

Having periodic PC startup problems

Was not able to reply sooner because my periodic problem decided not to appear for a while. I tried your suggestion of holding down the power button 4-5 seconds and it worked. Problem is that this method did not cure my original problem, of course, but it did lessen the steps I have to take to get the computer to work properly. I am still hoping someone will have a solution other than wiping it clean then starting over again.

wilhelm45, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically - Similar Threads - Computer Hangs seconds

2. Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time: Good day,I'm not sure how to proceed with this behaviour. Every now and then Windows suddenly just hangs up, sometime for up to a minute.By hanging up I do not mean the normal freeze where you can't do anything but rather a state where some things are still able to be...
  3. Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time: Good day,I'm not sure how to proceed with this behaviour. Every now and then Windows suddenly just hangs up, sometime for up to a minute.By hanging up I do not mean the normal freeze where you can't do anything but rather a state where some things are still able to be...
  4. Computer freezing periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  5. Win 10 Hanging / lagging / Freezing periodically

Win 10 Hanging / lagging / Freezing periodically: Hi, I am currently experiencing a weird issue that I still have not been able to resolve. I got a custom PC about 3-4 months ago and the PC will routinely hang or freeze for 1-2 seconds. This does not stop video or audio but all games, file explorer etc will freeze for a...
  6. Windows 10 Hangs for a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Hangs for a second: So when I use my lenovo thinkpad, I boot up my computer in Enable kernal debugger and every second it hangs. I didn't use notmyfault either since I have saw this in yoga yoga number It didn't crash but I need to restart by holding the power button 2-10 seconds. I used a...
  7. Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds: I used a stopwatch and exactly every 10 seconds my pc hangs for a split second. I can't tell what would be causing it in task manager. In task manager, on the CPU graph, one core will get a spike in usage at the same time. It would be useful if I could view which cores...
  8. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically: Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it...
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  10. Windows 10 hangs for 5-10 seconds during normal use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs for 5-10 seconds during normal use: Specs: Dell Inspiron 3531 running Windows 10 Home 64-bit (free upgrade from 8.1) Intel Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM Intel HD Graphics For a few days now, I have noticed that my laptop hangs for about 5-10 seconds at a time. If any audio/video was playing, that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 10 NOT RESPONDING FOR A FEW SECONDS PERIODICALLY

2. computer hangs every 5 seconds