Windows 10: Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

Discus and support Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wlance007, Sep 18, 2017.

1. wlance007 Win User

Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

Hello everyone,
    Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just shows the Lenovo logo and does nothing, see attached photo. 20170918_233913.jpg

Normal startup goes to this screen and after a short time the 5 little loading dots spin at the bottom and then the computer moves on. In the problem times it will just hang there for like 10 min before I manually shut it down and turn it back on again. When I do this it will do a disk check and then move on. My computer doesn't always do this when it goes to sleep. I sometimes have programs such as chrome or word open when I go to sleep so I don't know if having active programs is causing the problem.

OS Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Thanks

:)

wlance007, Sep 18, 2017

2. lenovo yoga 11s crash on recovery from sleep

Lenovo Yoga 11s becomes unresponsive on waking from sleep mode. Used principally in laptop mode, tries to return in tablet mode but fails to mount entire desktop. Taskbar has back arrow and windows logo, but neither respond to input. Action center does
    not open.

Problem occurs 60% of time waking computer from sleep mode, requires hard shutdown / restart.

BillPetersen, Sep 18, 2017
  3. KobeCohen Win User
    A computer shut down starts up on its own

With a Lenovo computer and Windows 10, after I properly shut down my computer, at some point later on it will start up on its own. After some time with no attention paid to it the computer goes to sleep and periodically wakes up and goes to sleep again,
    waking up at the same minute of the hour every time. How is that possible?

KobeCohen, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

Hi wlance007. Welcome to the TenForums @wlance007

Open a command prompt(admin) or a powershell(admin) and enter the following command

powercfg -h off

this disables hibernation and will disable Windows Fast Startup. This is just a test. To reverse change the word off with on in command.

Some machines have difficultly hibernating so this test eliminates this variable.

Ken

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 19, 2017
  5. wlance007 Win User
    Hi Ken,
    That seems to have fixed the problem. I wanted to test it for a few days to make sure it was consistent.

Thanks!

wlance007, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Okay. Let's take this a step further, if you wish.

By shutting off hibernation you by default disabled Windows Fast Startup.

So the question remains, is it Hibernation or Windows Fast Startup that is causing issue.

You can enable hibernation again as per my post and then follow this tutorial to disable Windows Fast Startup.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

If the problem remains solved it was Windows Fast Startup that was causing your issue. If the problem returns then it was hibernation.

Of course there is always the "It's working now and I'm leaving it alone process".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

1. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Computer hangs Lenovo

2. Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep: I've been having issues since december 2020 primarily when the computer wakes from sleep. Sometimes it does not fully wake up, meaning monitors are turned on maybe the lights from the keyboard and mouse but it does not return to desktop. If i power down the PC hold power 3...
  3. Computer hanging when waking from startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hanging when waking from startup?: Hi, I've recently found myself with an issue on my computer. I like to use sleep mode instead of turning it off because then I don't have to deal with 15 programs opening on startup. However, now whenever I wake it up from sleep and go to the login page it types gibberish...
  4. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  5. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  6. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  7. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  9. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  10. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...