Windows 10: Computer hangs, then restarts.

Discus and support Computer hangs, then restarts. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I just replaced my memory because I was having issues before, so I did a ram check, failed so I bought new thinking it was the problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dentros, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Dentros Win User

Computer hangs, then restarts.

So, I just replaced my memory because I was having issues before, so I did a ram check, failed so I bought new thinking it was the problem. I installed, ran the RAM check, everything looked good, started a game to see if it would run ok. It crashed about 3 minutes in, only happens in games. I've checked both my hard drives with crystal disk info, both look good, I just reinstalled windows and all my drivers. Anything that can point me in the right direction of fixing this issue is greatly appreciated.

MSI Tomahawk x99a mobo

Intel i7-6850k 6 core 3.6ghz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ftw

32gb ddr4 3600

Samsung 950 pro SSD 256gb m.2

Crucial 1TB SSD SATA3

EVGA 1000w P2 PSU

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

-System
    -Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version8
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-09-26T23:20:15.0308095Z
    EventRecordID1091
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerDESKTOP-8PSUPN5
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData
    BugcheckCode
    BugcheckParameter10xffffd90904d09460
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFItrue
    CheckpointStatus0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
    LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

:)

Dentros, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Juzzy1000 Win User

Computer restart hangs in Windows 10

When I click on restart, the restart screen appears but then just hangs and the computer does not shut down to restart. This does not appear to be related to windows updating. I have performed a system maintenance check and run a sfc/ scannow in CMD. No
    problems were detected. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Juzzy

Juzzy1000, Sep 26, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Computer hangs, then restarts.

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer hangs, then restarts.

1. Computer hangs, then restarts. - Similar Threads - Computer hangs restarts

2. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  4. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Computer Sometimes Hang and Automatic Restart

My Computer Sometimes Hang and Automatic Restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games and normal time like hangout with discord. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. I have run hard drive tests and ram tests which all come back saying no errors. I have...
  6. My Computer Sometimes Hang and Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Sometimes Hang and Automatic Restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games and normal time like hangout with discord. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. I have run hard drive tests and ram tests which all come back saying no errors. I have...
  7. My Computer Sometimes Hang and Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows hangs and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hangs and restart: ok so i was browsing edge browser and suddenly after closing it, Pc hanged and then restarted. Here is v2 log file linkhttps://1drv.ms/f/s!Arrj8MWtdHGwj1TMKh9qzVK2z7EZ?e=D8NsEv...
  9. Restart Hanging Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart Hanging Issue: When I run Restart or Restart is run after a Windows Update, the PC hangs with the wait icon spinning for a long time. The only way to get out of it is to hold the start button till it shuts down....
  10. Hanging at 'Restarting'

Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...