Windows 10: Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated...

Discus and support Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, I've been trying to find out the reason why my computer hangs itself. The full message displayed on the event log after the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cuela1992, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cuela1992 Win User

Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated...

Hello Community,

I've been trying to find out the reason why my computer hangs itself. The full message displayed on the event log after the computer restart itself is " The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000007, 0xffffb085ffc4a028, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000).

A dump was saved at the moment after the incident and it has been saved in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120418-30953-01.dmp. I read this could be cause by a cpu issue so I've downloaded a cpu stress test and did some but no errors were found even though I'd left it for more than 2 hours. I witnessed just 2 of the many events and the funny part is those were the only 2 events that actually have created a dump on the mentioned directory and when they happened the computer was just doing nothing, I'd finished the cpu stress tests before it got stuck. Then the computer restart itself and when it was just finishing got stuck again.

Other thing I noticed is there're another 2 logs after these bugcheck logs, one after each bugcheck log which are kernel power logs with the message " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." but as I've mentioned before I think is an expected log when a bugcheck log appears but I'm not sure if it's related or not.

Here's the link for the first and the second dump respectively:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17DmZkqTys8hpMdBNqE8WQTjSdhS9cIsk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ma9gqJBBiQGMiYv6LFyhvVpNCs1Zos5R

Also computer's system information here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pnDjLrPSDSUP_lsfhUCaPxeDA6kt2LUx

Let me know if any additional information is required.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me and I want to apologize for my English, I'm really new at it.

:)

Cuela1992, Dec 5, 2018

2. computer hang & BSOD

3 dumps point to 3 different device drivers:

• One blames McAffee.
    • One Blames your NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
    • The last one says your Intel WiFi network adapter
    I suggest completely uninstalling McAffee and using
    built in defender in its place for some time.

The next step would be completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the above said drivers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Please help, computer restarting for no reason that I know of.

Hi Daryl,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer would reboot and show you an error message. This could be caused by a recent update or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can just post the content of the dump file directly here in this thread. The information will allow us to further narrow down what was the cause of the issue.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 5, 2018
  4. dig0 Win User

Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated...

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

dig0, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated... - Similar Threads - Computer hangs unexpectly

2. Computer keeps rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  3. Computer keeps rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  4. Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.: Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.Suggest me the steps to find the root cause of unexpected reboot in the above case...
  5. Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.

Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.: Reason for the mini dump folder was created empty while unexpected reboot.Suggest me the steps to find the root cause of unexpected reboot in the above case...
  6. Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting: Hi I have an old computer that is still on windows 7 can't update it in order for it to remain compatible with an older piece of equipment it's connected to and its keeps rebooting and showing this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  7. Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting

Computer keeps unexpectedly rebooting: Hi I have an old computer that is still on windows 7 can't update it in order for it to remain compatible with an older piece of equipment it's connected to and its keeps rebooting and showing this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  8. laptop computer reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop computer reboots by itself: I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself. I can shut it down 2 or 3 times and it reboots each time. The only way I can shut it down successfully is by pressing the power button...
  9. File Explorer hangs at startup (until reboot)

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer hangs at startup (until reboot): After using Windows 10 for a few hours I find that File Explorer hangs when I open it - it tries to display the Quick Access items, but never completes - I just see "Working on it..." in the preview pane. If I click on "This PC" in the left pane it also hangs with the same...
  10. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump): Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000007 0xffffd50e215ecae8 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000).