Windows 10: computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

Discus and support computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my computer hard crashes no BSOD randomly when returning to the main menu in a game. below is a picture of what it looks like whenever the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by niro wolfy, Jul 28, 2022.

1. computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

my computer hard crashes no BSOD randomly when returning to the main menu in a game. below is a picture of what it looks like whenever the crash occurs, I am thinking it might be the ram but I am honestly not too sure. This has happened about 6 or 7 times in the last 8 months or so.event viewer just says: "A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event."- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger [ Gu

:)

niro wolfy, Jul 28, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Computer crashes when playing games

When playing 3D games (Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3) my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.

This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It happens on games that used to work fine.

It produces a hard crash causing my computer to restart.

The event ID this produces is 41.

My specs are:

GPU: Rx480

CPU: i5-5500

RAM: 8GB

LukeMullis, Jul 28, 2022
  4. computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

1. computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game - Similar Threads - computer hard crashes

2. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  3. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  4. computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game: my computer hard crashes no BSOD randomly when returning to the main menu in a game. below is a picture of what it looks like whenever the crash occurs, I am thinking it might be the ram but I am honestly not too sure. This has happened about 6 or 7 times in the last 8 months...
  5. computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer hard crashes at random times when returning to the main menu in a game: my computer hard crashes no BSOD randomly when returning to the main menu in a game. below is a picture of what it looks like whenever the crash occurs, I am thinking it might be the ram but I am honestly not too sure. This has happened about 6 or 7 times in the last 8 months...
  6. return this computer to an earlier time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    return this computer to an earlier time?: RETURN THIS COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER DATE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-this-computer-to-an-earlier-time/40dd1919-ab68-4614-8aec-3edc6ebc8f2b
  7. Computer crashes at random intervals. Sometimes when gaming, other times during browsing.

Computer crashes at random intervals. Sometimes when gaming, other times during browsing.: Hello. I have had this recurring issue with the computer I bought which was custom built. The Issue is as follows: Whether I'm gaming or just browsing the internet, the screen goes completely black and unresponsive Not even Ctrl +Alt + Del works The system stays between...
  8. Random computer crashes when playing game

Random computer crashes when playing game: Hey everyone, my computer has been randomly crashing when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It seems to happen more frequently lately happening about three times today. I have uploaded my .dmp file Even though it says date modified 10/2 and my MSinfo file. Any help/direction...
  9. Return to main page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Return to main page: How to return from domain join instead to the main page with sign in with Microsoft? Basically, i will start working from home and i am still waiting for my my company to send me all details and all passwords reset, and when i have reached the page with sign in with...
  10. Computer crashes randomly when playing games on Windows 10

Computer crashes randomly when playing games on Windows 10: Hi, I recently built my PC straight from the build guide by Austin Evans on YouTube called the 'Neutron 2.0'. I got Windows 10 installed on my PC and it has been working poorly. Whenever I play a game downloaded from Steam, the entire computer will crash at random times,...