Windows 10: Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

Discus and support Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue: For some backstory: I built this computer in late Feb of 2015. Over the last 5/7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PayneTrain, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

:)

PayneTrain, Oct 10, 2015
  2. Aaron8619 Win User

Windows 10 - Constant BSOD

I applied the changes.

I've gotten a few system service exception errors but it freezes while its trying to collect data. Therefore it is unable to create a kernel memory dump.

If I can get it work I will post the new memory dump file.

Thanks

Aaron8619, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Ruz San Win User
    BSOD: session "eventlog-airspacechannel" stopped due to the following error: 0xc0000188

Hi,

Windows automatically creates a memory dump file when your computer encounters a stop error. The file can be used to help diagnose the problem that causes the computer to crash. This property of the operating system cannot be disabled since Windows is programmed
    to create a log for every error you encounter.

You can learn more about memory dump files by clicking
    this link

Let us know if you have more concerns.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

5. SeaTools tests returned negative for errors.
    chkdsk returned negative for errors on both disks.

PayneTrain, Oct 12, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it find

7. I ran a SFC two days ago and the results were negative.

However, the first SFC scan this afternoon returned positive for corrupted system files. After a restart, the second SFC did return negative for issues.

PayneTrain, Oct 13, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please read How to upload files
    We'll need the logs as I don't want to suggest things without a lead for why I would suggest it.

9. Sorry, I misunderstood your instructions regarding the CBS file. It's available in the Dropbox link below.

Dropbox - CBS.log

PayneTrain, Oct 13, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    What did SFC say?
    I don't see any corruption or missing file or other problems.

11. It said something along the lines of "successfully found and repaired files". Did the second scan possibly overwrite the first log?

PayneTrain, Oct 13, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    The scan everytime writes to the same log file.

13. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

PayneTrain, Oct 14, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please only upload the files when there are corrupted/missing files found which couldn't have been fixed by SFC.

15. I've found a way to reproduce the freezing - whenever the computer is left on for an extended period of time (overnight or from morning to evening), it'll freeze around 5 minutes after resuming from sleep. The freezing still occurs around 5 minutes after resuming even if a restart is performed.

As per usual, there are no error logs in Event Viewer within 5 minutes of the freeze (minus the "unexpected shutdown error" when the power button has been held)

PayneTrain, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps - Similar Threads - Computer Hard Freezes

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.: hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that was playing turns into a continues beep. Sometimes sound keeps playing, but the screen freezes. In both cases the system is...
  5. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.: hey everyone,these last few months i've been having trouble with my pc freezing at random moments. Most often the screen goes black and any sound that was playing turns into a continues beep. Sometimes sound keeps playing, but the screen freezes. In both cases the system is...
  6. Computer freeze without creating a memory dump.

7. Memory management error and random freezes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory management error and random freezes.: I just this error after upgrading to version 2004. Prior 1909 did not have this problem. History: After I upgraded to 2004 I started experiencing freezes. I initialy thought it could be cables or case going bad causing shorts so bought dvi and hdmi cables and a new case....
  8. Computer randomly crashes with no error log

Computer randomly crashes with no error log: Please be patient with me as this was my first build, and I have been experiencing problems for the past 5 months and am not able to figure it out on my own. My computer will randomly crash, sometimes it will last a few hours, sometimes it will last 5 minutes. This is always...
  9. Computer Hard Freezing - No Event Logs or Memory Dumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hard Freezing - No Event Logs or Memory Dumps: Originally posted on Sevenforums, and reposted into the right forum thread. For some backstory: I built this computer in late Feb of 2015. Over the last 5/7 months (two of which - July and August - I wasn't around to use it) and have had several issues with it since...
  10. Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?: After I boot the system up in the morning, sometimes there is a memory dump file that is time stamped at the last shutdown. Shutdowns are done with no apps running, but with usual processes running. Shutdowns are done from the Windows pop up and there are no errors displayed...