Windows 10: Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

Discus and support Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by paraaa, Dec 15, 2021.

1. paraaa Win User

Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart it. backstory: i was listening to my music with headphones while doing some schoolwork and visited a website for some info for an assignment i was doing and 1 minute later my computer froze up but audio didn’t freeze yet so i thought maybe it was just doing something in the background but then 5 seconds later boom computer completely froze up and audio was buzzing extremely loud and it scared the daylig

:)

paraaa, Dec 15, 2021
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Dec 15, 2021
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

Random popups after visiting a sketchy website

I recently visited a sketchy website, one where everytime you click, it opens a new tab. This time, it opened a new tab then immediately disappeared. Now I am getting random notifications from chrome. I ran a quick scan using mcAfee, but it didn't detect anything. I looked at task manager, and more specifically I opened up task manager through chrome to see what was going on. I saw a couple of things appearing and then disappearing. All I want is a way to stop these notifications, without having to turn off notifications for chrome. In the picture, you can also see a weird address on the notification. There was also something else I saw that was called, "Extension: Chrome media router" that is not seen in the pictures.
    Using Windows 10 and chrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website? [​IMG]

Here is another popup that came up recently

NoLifePurpose10, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

1. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website? - Similar Threads - Computer has been

2. My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...: My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that contain network violence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-saying-that-my-ip/66e69c1e-4e01-44dd-b9bb-ee99cb8be435
  3. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  4. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  5. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.: Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core ProcessorAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 32 GB memory a while ago my pc used to crash and reboot like 5-6 times a day, I tried to benchmark it to see if I can make it crash but it didn't. i managed to make it crash less...
  7. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?: hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart it. backstory: i was listening to my music with headphones while doing some...
  8. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?: hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart it. backstory: i was listening to my music with headphones while doing some...
  9. Random popups after visiting a sketchy website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random popups after visiting a sketchy website: I recently visited a sketchy website, one where everytime you click, it opens a new tab. This time, it opened a new tab then immediately disappeared. Now I am getting random notifications from chrome. I ran a quick scan using mcAfee, but it didn't detect anything. I looked at...
  10. Firefox now notifies if website you visit has been recently breached

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox now notifies if website you visit has been recently breached: Since the launch of Firefox Monitor, a free service that notifies you when your email has been part of a breach, hundreds of thousands of people have signed up. In response to the excitement from our global audience, Firefox Monitor is now being made available in more than...