Windows 10: Computer has been wiped

Discus and support Computer has been wiped in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had my computer in a pawn shop long stort short it was past due and the guy had to get into it because it was password protected. So he had it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brendaadams3, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Computer has been wiped

I had my computer in a pawn shop long stort short it was past due and the guy had to get into it because it was password protected. So he had it wiped.used a trial version of avast cool I thought. Now I bought the updated premium version of avast now I cant even get a browser I go into my settings click on anything and nothing happens. Tried to download Google chrome through my file list and after an hour it still hasn't downloaded. Cant get into Microsoft eather what do I do when I cant access the web

:)

brendaadams3, Apr 9, 2020

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 9, 2020
  4. maxal Win User

Computer has been wiped

Wiped My Computer By Accident

Hi, just found this on the web,

About "Wipe Partition"

Wipe Partition feature in MiniTool Partition Wizard can erase all data on the specified partition permanently, and the erased data can't be recovered by any data recovery solution. Therefore, wiping partition is a quite good way to prevent private or confidential information from being leaked. MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial below will show users detailed steps.

Not sure now if what you said to do will me now what do you think.

maxal, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer has been wiped

1. Computer has been wiped - Similar Threads - Computer has been

2. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  3. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  4. Computer has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer has been hacked: There is a rambler.ru account on my computer that I didn't add and my microsoft account got deleted and I was wondering how I could get this account off my computer I tried a clean install of windows but it didn't work....
  5. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a PC that has been wiped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a PC that has been wiped: I need help installing Windows 10 on an old work laptop the company let me have for personal use. The laptop was wiped and on the screen it just says it cannot find the OS and to press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart. When I do that, the message just keeps popping up. I...
  7. Wiping a computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wiping a computer: So i just got a new pc and i signed into my dads account because i wanted my xbox account to be on the pc and now everything is signed in as my dad. I was wondering if i wipe my pc then will it wipe everything from his account on his other computer?...
  8. My account has been wiped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account has been wiped: Hi, i wanted to ask if there is any chance to contact support from microsoft store because in Sea of thieves my character and all progress has gone. Have you seen similar cases and know how to fix it...
  9. EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...: I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I have not downloaded anything new so this doesn't make sense). The System Restore solution does not work, it brings me an...
  10. Update has wiped my entire computer

Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...