Windows 10: computer has blue screen and won't boot windows 8.1

Discus and support computer has blue screen and won't boot windows 8.1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer with windows 8.1 will not allow me to get past blue screen. It boots into boot screen. I've tried holding the shift key and holding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leobox8, Dec 29, 2019.

1. leobox8 Win User

computer has blue screen and won't boot windows 8.1

Computer with windows 8.1 will not allow me to get past blue screen. It boots into boot screen. I've tried holding the shift key and holding the shift/f8 key and rebooting it but it still stays on blue screen.

:)

leobox8, Dec 29, 2019
  2. nmrm Win User

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

3. Windows fails to boot, blue screen of death. Help

Please correct me and guide me in the right direction if this is incorrectly placed. Thanks

Ok, so my buddy (After some of this software was buggy, Itunes, etc) installed Registry Doctor. Then after running the free scan and such he rebooted his computer. The reboot went all the way to the "Starting Windows" logo with the windows logo that comes together. Then it will crash at blue screen, error dump, are restart (This keeps happening till shut down).

So after trying a chkdsk from my personal computer and running a virus scan (1 virus found) I still can not get it to boot. Considering it is a gaming computer with a semi full hard disk (183GB full out of 500GB) it will take a bit of time to back up. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without having to restore and back up everything? Thanks InerTia*

>>PhoeniX<<, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. computer has blue screen and won't boot windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - computer has blue

2. Blue screen won't clear my computer, it won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen won't clear my computer, it won't boot up: My system shows blue screen, won't restart or boot up the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-wont-clear-my-computer-it-wont-boot-up/154c8fc5-dd82-4a62-9981-9d079db11633
  3. Blue screen won't clear my computer, it won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen won't clear my computer, it won't boot up: My system shows blue screen, won't restart or boot up the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-wont-clear-my-computer-it-wont-boot-up/154c8fc5-dd82-4a62-9981-9d079db11633
  4. My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a...: My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a screen that says "scanning and repairing drive f". It then eventually goes to an all black screen. I can still move the cursor, but that is it. How can I fix this? I've tried shutting it...
  5. My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a...

My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a...: My computer with with Windows 11 Pro won't boot to the blue screen. It just goes to a screen that says "scanning and repairing drive f". It then eventually goes to an all black screen. I can still move the cursor, but that is it. How can I fix this? I've tried shutting it...
  6. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen while booting computer: Here is the dumpfile:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_l-iX6D84g0RJgbf4JA47WRAm?e=3RdHe2Just over two and a half weeks ago I already received a blue screen and I'm not sure if this issue is connected to my last blue screen. The last time I blue screened the person that helped me...
  7. Blue Screen while booting computer

Blue Screen while booting computer: Here is the dumpfile:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_l-iX6D84g0RJgbf4JA47WRAm?e=3RdHe2Just over two and a half weeks ago I already received a blue screen and I'm not sure if this issue is connected to my last blue screen. The last time I blue screened the person that helped me...
  8. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer crashes at booting with blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer crashes at booting with blue screen: I got blue screen when trying to boot my computer. I used Safe Mode to investigate the issue and it booted up normally. Please help me to fix that annoying issue...
  10. Blue screen, computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen, computer will not boot: Out of nowhere my computer went dead. Computer was running and suddenly got blue screen. Won't boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-computer-will-not-boot/8f254136-793d-4bc5-bdac-50c5a4fe5ef3