Windows 10: Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity

Discus and support Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It works fine at first, but it randomly loses the ability to access websites every couple of days. The internet connection works fine... I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreMF, Nov 23, 2018.

1. AndreMF Win User

Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity

It works fine at first, but it randomly loses the ability to access websites every couple of days. The internet connection works fine...

I have to reboot the computer every time this happens, and I hate doing that.

:)

AndreMF, Nov 23, 2018

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Internet explorer will not access any websites

Hi Bill,

To better assist you, we would like to get the following information:

• Were there any changes made before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to access websites in Internet Explorer 11?
    • Do you experience the same issue when you use a different browser?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    For troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue with accessing websites in Internet Explorer 11 with your Windows 10 computer, you can refer to

Jessen P
    's post by clicking this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity

Runtime error while trying to access UHRS website on Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Hi Venkata,

As you are facing issues with accessing UHRS website on Internet Explorer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to access the website on different browser (Microsoft Edge)?
    • Is the issue confined to this specific website on Internet Explorer?

If the issue specific only to Internet Explorer, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity

1. Computer has internet, but can't access any website after a few days of activity - Similar Threads - Computer has internet

2. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access quite a few websites: My old job is still blocking me since I gave them access to my desktop and laptop. I just get "This site is blocked due to content filtering". How can I disable this permission? This are my computers and should not have any restrictions any longer. Please help...
  3. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access quite a few websites: My old job is still blocking me since I gave them access to my desktop and laptop. I just get "This site is blocked due to content filtering". How can I disable this permission? This are my computers and should not have any restrictions any longer. Please help...
  4. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't access any Microsft websites or apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access any Microsft websites or apps: I can't access any Microsft websites or apps. If i use vpn, then i can access. I didnt change anything, it happend suddenly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-any-microsft-websites-or-apps/16611b1c-02f4-4d00-8950-e15b7f0437ce
  6. Can't access internet in any browser

Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  7. Internet is connected but can't open any website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but can't open any website: Since i changed something on my hosts file (blocked some sites) the internet isn't working anymore. I also can't change or replace the hosts file anymore because its says it is used in another program. Also i can't close the DNS-Client with the task-manager as admin. (Dns...
  8. Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites: HI, My PC is connected to available WIFI. And it show it has internet access but i can't open any websites. Regards Vinoth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-to-wifi-and-has-internet-access-but-not/807c01b5-d000-409e-b2cd-ed52b4c86c43
  9. Windows 10 Not Activated a Few Days After Reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Not Activated a Few Days After Reset?: So... I just noticed that my Windows 10 recently became unactivated after a reset? It was activated at first. Now, the activation option in the PC settings is showing nothing it's completely black. I can scroll and the pointer cursor does come up in two spots both of which...
  10. No internet unless I format then ..after a few days no internet ..

No internet unless I format then ..after a few days no internet ..: Windows 10 + HP Elite workbook 8730 NO internet connection issues and MY problem solving: Fresh Install of win 10 vs 1709 os build 16299 .. wifi internet connection works fine day or a week or a month later No connection.. try all the remedys to get connected wireless...