Windows 10: Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down

Discus and support Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC occasionally gets blue screen and an error message ‘computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down’. Then I get the message ‘Timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StacyCaskey, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down

My PC occasionally gets blue screen and an error message ‘computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down’. Then I get the message ‘Timeout Bitlocker Recovery Key’

:)

StacyCaskey, Jul 6, 2020

2. shutting down computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Did you try to shut down the computer manually by pressing Alt + F4 or Alt + Ctrl + Delete?
    • Did you try sign-out from the account and restart the computer?
    I suggest you to install all the available update and check if it resolves the issue.

I also suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 6, 2020
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 6, 2020
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down :confused:*Mad Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down

1. Computer has run into a problem and needs to shut down - Similar Threads - Computer has run

2. Problems with computer shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with computer shutting down.: Hello, I have recently over the summer purchased a new computer non-refurbished, and recently I have been having this recurring issue with it shutting down completely while using different applications. At first it was happening in a pattern when I was using a certain...
  3. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  4. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  5. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  6. Shut Down Problems

Shut Down Problems: Greetings, I have yesterday updated to the newer insider build of windows 10, i am currently on version 1903 build 18999.1. Since the update i have noted that my PC takes ages to either restart or shut down, not sure why or what's causing it . If any1 of you could help...
  7. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  8. problem in shutting down

problem in shutting down: am trying to shut down my pc but after pressing shut down button no action is taken please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-shutting-down/86523a2b-8410-404d-bb75-a3fa9073ae2a"
  9. Help need this for remotely shutting down computers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help need this for remotely shutting down computers...: Need help for remotely shutting down pc from another desktop I need your help, shutting down other computer is "access is Denied" pls. help... 24965
  10. Need help computer shuts down By itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help computer shuts down By itself: Hi, I'm having a problem when I'm on my computer programming or playing a game, my system just shuts down by its self , and when I have closed all windows, its fine all day. Like I will be playing a online game and if anything is open it works for like 5 minutes then it just...