Windows 10: computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

Discus and support computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop computer and printer were working fine wirelessly a few weeks ago until something occurred, possibly a win. upgrade, at which time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonCromwell, Feb 1, 2020.

1. computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

My desktop computer and printer were working fine wirelessly a few weeks ago until something occurred, possibly a win. upgrade, at which time the computer would not recognize the printer. There is a laptop also on the Wi-Fi network and after the problem with the desktop, I installed the printer software into the laptop which now works well with the printer. I can print, scan, and fax, all from the laptop however all important apps and data are in the computer, not very convenient, but workable with thumb drives.

To address the computer problem, I followed HP's suggestion to uninstall their software and then reinstall it. The uninstall worked but the install will not work. At this point, I can not either install or uninstall, the computer will not recognize the any HP printer software in "apps and features". The printer is listed in Devices because I used the 'add printer' function, however a note says that a driver is not installed. My computer HD is partitioned so that "windows C:" is in its own partition. The 'D: drive restore also has its own partition. I periodically backed up both those drives into a WD HD which has the capability of restore. I have tried twice to restore the C: drive but the printer software still will not load. The restore function under settings will not work because of the time delay.

If a file/s is corrupted somewhere in Windows C:, can this be found and replaced ? Replacing Windows 10 would be very disruptive and is not an attractive option. I would hate to replace that printer in the hope that new software would work with a new printer but that is a better option.

If I can get some help here, I would appreciate it. Also, if I were to take the computer to a Microsoft store, is that a possibility to get this resolved???

dsc

:)

DonCromwell, Feb 1, 2020

2. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

MichaelThomas_0146, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Computer not communicating with printer

Hi Willa,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message do you receive when you try to print any document?
    • Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue persist while printing from specific app or from all programs/app?
    • Is printer connected to PC with wired connection or wireless connection?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 26, 2020
  4. computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

1. computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer - Similar Threads - computer has stopped

2. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  3. computer to printer communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer to printer communication: computer is printing to a file and not to the actual printer. How to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-to-printer-communication/4a5e42e8-33b7-4f59-8f4e-e50e4c33ad4a
  4. Microsoft update stopped computer communication with printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft update stopped computer communication with printer: After a recent Microsoft 10 update my computer will not communicate with my printer. Tried printer driver..no luck. I understand this has been a recent problem...Any Microsoft fixes?...
  5. Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet

Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet: My wireless printer quit communicating with the internet when I got a new modem. Did my IP Address change when I got a new modem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-quit-communicating-with-the/1600e30c-fbca-46bc-bb31-3eae328626f7
  6. Printer and computer not communicating

Printer and computer not communicating: How do I determine whether it is the printer or the computer that is not working properly. I ran the printer - Epson WF-3520 - trouble shooter and it says there is not problem. My HP computer tells me that there is a printer error. I have repeatedly done the Wi-Fi setup on...
  7. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications: HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?...
  8. Wireless Printer has no IP address on Wireless Laptop Computer

Wireless Printer has no IP address on Wireless Laptop Computer: This all started when our Cox internet modem/router was upgraded (at least that what we think) Have spent hours on phone with Cox - no resolution. We have a Brother MFC-J562-DW wireless printer. (wireless from the printer to the router) I can print with my Desktop...
  9. Wireless Communications

Wireless Communications: Whenever I run both Wifi and Bluetooth at the same time, my wifi begins to run extremely slow, making it near impossible to watch YouTube in HD. As soon as I turn off my Bluetooth, my connect returns back to normal, allowing me to return to my fast-paced web surfing. Up until...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...