Windows 10: Computer has stopped working entirely

Discus and support Computer has stopped working entirely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has stopped working and i do not know why, its a dell with windows 10 running on it and after a crash with the error code being critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rory Jacob, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Computer has stopped working entirely

My computer has stopped working and i do not know why, its a dell with windows 10 running on it and after a crash with the error code being critical process died, the blue screen came up and after a while with the 0% not going up it restarted my computer and now its saying "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine_" what do i do and what happened? Is my computer entirely bricked?

:)

Rory Jacob, Oct 10, 2019
  2. lbeck Win User

How do I reformat entire computer?

Update:

• I probably should have taken better notes on what I've already tried
    • I created the USB flash drive as directed in #26. That did indeed install W10
    • I now am at the same point that I described in my post #6, with my drives still being dynamic rather than basic and the following exceptions from my post #6 (not sure)
    - Now all of my data is on the C:\ drive rather than the various folders like "My Documents
    - I apparently need to reinstall my display driver. The display is wonkey (circles are ovals) and I can’t seem to adjust using the settings menu.
    - Other partitions that came installed with my HP notebook like System, Tools, and Recovery now have different drive settings

So I’ve come almost full circle except with a few steps backwards. I’ll try more carefully to follow Post #2 and #7 as suggested. Possibly I missed as step with those earlier. I’ll also check with my other software to see if there is a simpler way to revert my computer back to the way it was out of the box.

lbeck, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Computer has stopped working entirely

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer has stopped working entirely

1. Computer has stopped working entirely - Similar Threads - Computer has stopped

2. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  3. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  4. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth has seemingly entirely disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth has seemingly entirely disappeared from my computer: Bluetooth is gone, I have done the bluetooth troubleshoot and it says there is no driver installed. There is no bluetooth dropdown in the device manager not even when I view hidden files, scan for hardware changes does nothing. I have restarted multiple times. The bluetooth...
  6. Bluetooth has seemingly entirely disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth has seemingly entirely disappeared from my computer: Bluetooth is gone, I have done the bluetooth troubleshoot and it says there is no driver installed. There is no bluetooth dropdown in the device manager not even when I view hidden files, scan for hardware changes does nothing. I have restarted multiple times. The bluetooth...
  7. Bluetooth has seemingly entirely disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  9. My entire computer stopped working with apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My entire computer stopped working with apps: I literally don't even know where to start. I'm good with computers, but not with the intricacies of windows software. But, PLEASE, bear with me since in this time of remote work and learning, I need to get this fixed. It started a few days ago when I tried to open mail...
  10. Update has wiped my entire computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...