Windows 10: Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

Discus and support Computer having shut down and sleep issues. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael Guel, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?

:)

Michael Guel, Mar 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, Mar 5, 2022
  3. computer shuts down in sleep mode

My computer is shutting down in sleep mode. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times and nothing is resolving this issue. We have tried system restore, changing power functions and they actually did a manual upgrade and it's still shutting down. I am
    concerned having to turn the computer back on is going to damage the life of the computer. Any other suggestions?

dale a.lorenz, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

1. Computer having shut down and sleep issues. - Similar Threads - Computer having shut

2. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  3. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  4. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  6. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  8. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...