Windows 10: Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.

Discus and support Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I finished updating my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with the 2nd Tuesday updates and doing some other updates to it. I clicked on the shutdown, and all of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johnpd, Oct 13, 2016.

1. johnpd Win User

Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.

I finished updating my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with the 2nd Tuesday updates and doing some other updates to it. I clicked on the shutdown, and all of a sudden I get the "Getting Windows ready .. Don't turn off your computer" message. Since I just completed the Cumulative Update installation, there should be nothing to update at this point. Also I have Windows Update configured to not to automatically download and install updates. I have no idea what it is trying to do at this point. Can I hard shut it down?

JohnD

EDIT: Never mind. After 40 minutes, it finally shut down. I have no idea what it was doing.

:)

johnpd, Oct 13, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Oct 13, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Oct 13, 2016
Thema:

Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.

1. Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there. - Similar Threads - Computer hung Getting

2. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...
  3. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...
  4. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hung Update Windows 10

Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  6. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  7. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 update gets hung on black screen in middle of update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update gets hung on black screen in middle of update: I have applied Windows build 19043.1566 twice and in the middle of the update the screen just gets hung in a black/blue different than black screen that is turned off. The first time I had to eventually turn the PC off three times and Windows finally interceded backing out...
  9. windows update getting ready

windows update getting ready: so my pc is weird, when I unplug my xbox one controller and try to reconnect it, it will just blink and flash unless I restart my computer & do windows update. However, this time when I did my windows update it is stuck on the screen and shuts down my computer without...
  10. Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10: Brand new Dell Latitude E5470. Never turned it on. Popped out the hard drive and put a brand new Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD in it. Created a new USB installer from the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. Booted the computer. Windows installer started up just fine, seemed normal....