Windows 10: Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

Discus and support Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all! I have a Dell desktop that was my old work computer. It's been a couple years since I used it last but I was going to let my son use it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GigiGalaxy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

Hi all! I have a Dell desktop that was my old work computer. It's been a couple years since I used it last but I was going to let my son use it for games and such. However, neither my former supervisor nor I can remember the old Admin log-in info and as a result it will not accept any downloads or changes. It runs Windows 7, and I hear that installing Windows 10 will allow it to restore so we can have a fresh start. Before I go to that trouble can any one confirm if that is true? We really just need to wipe it and start over. Thank you in advance!

:)

GigiGalaxy, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

how to enter admin page.

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community,

Are you referring to log into Admin account in the computer?

If you are referring to log into Admin account follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and select Accounts on the top left corner.
    • You can see all the accounts in the computer. Choose the one with admin rights and log in.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

1. Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for - Similar Threads - Computer longer Admin

2. How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?: I foundmy gf was snooping on my computer and somehow went into the Authenticator app on my iPhone and was able to lock it and even type a message that shows on the screen”touch this computer and I will blow up” well now my outer says administrator has locked computer have...
  3. How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?: I foundmy gf was snooping on my computer and somehow went into the Authenticator app on my iPhone and was able to lock it and even type a message that shows on the screen”touch this computer and I will blow up” well now my outer says administrator has locked computer have...
  4. No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges: As a foreword, I am the only account on the computer I use. No one else uses my computer nor has access to it. After Win10 updated without my permission, I realized that I wasn't able to save to the same locations I usually have been able to:I had another instance where I...
  5. No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges: As a foreword, I am the only account on the computer I use. No one else uses my computer nor has access to it. After Win10 updated without my permission, I realized that I wasn't able to save to the same locations I usually have been able to:I had another instance where I...
  6. No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I am no longer an admin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am no longer an admin: I lent my laptop to grandkids for remote learning. Then it broke and I am trying to fix it. Now I have it back and feel I have to re-install windows. But I no longer have admin authority. Is there a way to extract the existing Windows activation key? Is there a way to...
  8. Logged in as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logged in as admin: I activated the admin account, but then my cat stepped on it and turned off the computer. if i turn it back on, it immediately loggs in as admin where the only thing i can do is try to turn on sound, which doesn't work. i have rebooted the thing severel times and come up with...
  9. No longer admin after trying to disable log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer admin after trying to disable log in: [ATTACH] After finally reformatting after a couple years, which I hold off too long because what a pain it is redoing everything, I wanted to disable the log in screen on startup. I had used the steps in this youtube tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXQ7Aj5uBe4...
  10. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer: So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I couldn't change the policy in the registry editor because of a lack of one, so I transferred all my files to a local...