Windows 10: Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

Discus and support Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a strange question that I haven't seen asked yet. For aesthetic reasons, i would like my pc to cycle back to the lock screen when idle for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siedell7777, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

I have a strange question that I haven't seen asked yet. For aesthetic reasons, i would like my pc to cycle back to the lock screen when idle for 10 minutes. I have already extended the time which the lock screen will stay displayed to an hour, but i would like my pc to enter this screen on its own, much like it would go to sleep. I have seen settings which auto-lock the pc, but this only displays an image or a blank screen rather than the the full lock screen (time, date, apps, cortana, etc.). Is this even a possible option?

:)

Siedell7777, Jan 24, 2019

2. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

I have a strange question that I haven't seen asked yet. For aesthetic reasons, i would like my pc to cycle back to the lock screen when idle for 10 minutes. I have already extended the time which the lock screen will stay displayed to an hour, but
    i would like my pc to enter this screen on its own, much like it would go to sleep. I have seen settings which auto-lock the pc, but this only displays an image or a blank screen rather than the the full lock screen (time, date, apps, cortana, etc.). Is this
    even a possible option?

Siedell7777, Oct 10, 2019
  3. BRiemann Win User
    Lock Screen during Idle

Hi all,

Scenario: I'm sitting at my desk writing on some paper (I'm a mathematician, so I'll regularly pull up articles and just let the computer be idle on them). I'm regularly looking at the article, back to writing, back to the article, etc., without using the
    computer much (every few minutes at best). However, despite my best attempts, if I leave the computer idle for 1-2 minutes, the screen goes to the lock screen (whatever the Windows default is, where it shows images of different regions), which I desperately
    want it not to do so quickly. If it goes to the lock screen after 15 minutes, that is fine, but as it is set currently, it is simply too quickly.

My question: How do I extend the time before the computer brings up the lock screen? For reference, I have made it so there is no password, and I've changed the "Turn Off Display After:" to "Never" as well as the option for it to enter sleep to never...nothing
    has given me what I'm after.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions!!

BRiemann, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

1. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep. - Similar Threads - Computer idle lock

2. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locks instead of sleeping: I bought a brand new Dell laptop, and I have noticed that when I close the lid or simply press the power button it just locks instead of going to sleep. In the Control Panel it is also set to go to sleep see screenshot, and I don't know what is happening. I have to shut down...
  3. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks instead of sleeping: I bought a brand new Dell laptop, and I have noticed that when I close the lid or simply press the power button it just locks instead of going to sleep. In the Control Panel it is also set to go to sleep see screenshot, and I don't know what is happening. I have to shut down...
  4. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  6. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  7. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Click on Power/Sleep but it goes to Lock screen instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Click on Power/Sleep but it goes to Lock screen instead: Win 10 ver 2004. It seems like it is trying to go to sleep because it goes to a black screen for about 10 seconds, then goes to the lock screen. (If on the other hand I click the Username/Lock it goes immediately to the lock screen, so I think it is trying to sleep and unable...
  9. Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen: [ATTACH]Windows 10 PC locks the user account automatically after a few minutes of inactivity. […] This article Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.: My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online. My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen. The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows goes to lock screen instead of sleeping

2. lock windows instead of sleep

3. after my windows 10 sets idle the screen freezes. can you help me cortana