Windows 10: Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

Discus and support Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, May 20, 2021.

1. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance.

:)

mikeincousa, May 20, 2021

2. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, May 20, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Let us know the results and we will help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

However, please let us know:

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

1. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep - Similar Threads - Computer Immediately Wakes

2. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  5. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  6. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  7. My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Henlo_Friend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvbmjk/my_pc_wakes_up_immediately_after_getting_put_to/
  8. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  9. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...