Windows 10: Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while

Discus and support Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs: Windows 10 Education personal computer Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC GPU: Nvidia 1660 Ti CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 RAM: 16 GB upgraded to 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TacticalOmelette, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while

Specs:

Windows 10 Education personal computer

Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC

GPU: Nvidia 1660 Ti

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 16 GB upgraded to 32 halfway through the process

Hard Drive: one 3 TB WD upgraded to a 1 TB WD SSD halfway through the process

Power Supply: 1000w

Hello everyone! I'm kinda at my wit's end over here with my current situation since I've tried everything that I can think of to fix my situation.

Recently for my computer, I've noticed that if it's on for long enough, programs tend to all crash and it becomes unbearably slow, like taking 5 minutes just to load Task Manager. But even then, task manager, and even Process Explorer both show little to no resources used for my CPU, GPU, RAM, and even my disk. But still, it's impossible to use anything. Even turning the computer off takes 5 minutes on its own.

After doing some troubleshooting myself, I discovered that with my previous setup, I was getting an abnormal amount of Page Faults per second for my system. Highest I ever saw peaked at 100,000 in a single second, but it usually sticks around 5,000 on average. And even just booting into my system from my 3 TB hard drive and checking Process Explorer ASAP can reveal some programs usually Steam and Malwarebytes already having page faults in the millions, despite not even being on for a few minutes.

Trying to remedy this, I tried to tinker with the amount of virtual memory my system had, and nothing worked. Deciding that it was probably a faulty Windows update, I had no way to revert back so I reset Windows. Still didn't work, so I did a full reinstall. Still didn't work again. Finally, my new RAM cards came in so I was able to upgrade my system from 16 GB of 2400mhz RAM to 32 GB of 3200mhz clocked in at 2933mhz to increase the amount of virtual memory I had. Nope, still didn't fix it. Thinking that my hard drive was dying, I even replaced it with a new SSD and reinstalled Windows onto that. Still didn't fix anything.

So at this point, I've exhausted all of my options and I have no idea what to do from here. Any assistance would be immensely appreciated!

Note: I recently just got a new Windows update that I thought was the problem, but even after uninstalling it my computer still goes to poo after a few hours

:)

TacticalOmelette, Jun 11, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while

Fifa 15 Program keeps crashing

Hi Rajahben,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the program and check if that fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs & Features.

• Look for the program and right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Once uninstall is complete restart the computer and try to reinstall the program.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while

1. Computer immensely slowls down + programs all crash after a while - Similar Threads - Computer immensely slowls

2. BSOD crash while Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash while Shutting down: Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works completely fine except the crash.I do undervolt my cpu for controlling temperatures. I have been doing this for 2 years on...
  3. BSOD crash while Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash while Shutting down: Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works completely fine except the crash.I do undervolt my cpu for controlling temperatures. I have been doing this for 2 years on...
  4. BSOD crash while Shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. (Almost) All Programs Crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Almost) All Programs Crash: This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes black for a few seconds and all open programs, except for chrome, crash. And I can't get them to run again until I restart....
  6. while shutting down the computer restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...
  7. All programs crash after 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All programs crash after 5-10 minutes: Hello, I've gone through everything that I can find online for the past day, and nothing has fixed the issue. The issue itself is that any program, no matter what it is, crashes 5-10 minutes after launching. From minecraft to the admin tool event viewer, everything has...
  8. How to restore all the programs with all their data, after restarting computer, as...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to restore all the programs with all their data, after restarting computer, as...: Sometimes a problem has occurred in my computer by which I lost important things I was working on at that time. The problem was: that on pressing a key on the keyboard or clicking a mouse didn't fully wake up the computer. The computer was half waked, as the lights on the...
  9. certain programs slowing down computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain programs slowing down computer: how do i put certain programs on my windows 10 computer to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-slowing-down-computer/46aad902-1d53-429f-8669-83475179aa5f
  10. All browsers on all computers crashing

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers on all computers crashing: I have two desktops and a laptop. All are running Windows 10. On all three I have been experiencing repeated browser crashes on Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome. I run ipconfig/flushdns about three to four times a day with computer restart. That gets me back up, but for...