Windows 10: Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0

Discus and support Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built a new computer specs as follows I7-9700k MSI Z390-A pro Gigabyte 5700 xt oc Adata sx6000 Every time I start it up the windows, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kyleandress, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0

I just built a new computer specs as follows

I7-9700k

MSI Z390-A pro

Gigabyte 5700 xt oc

Adata sx6000

Every time I start it up the windows, using a bootable USB stick, the windows logo appears, and then the pc shuts down and restarts without installing windows 10. It repeats this in an endless cycle. I can get into the bios and I have set USB hdd as the primary boot. If I actually select my specific USB, when the windows logo appears a bunch of white lines appear at the bottom of my monitor in a wave like pattern. I have tried and old hdd hard drive already containing windows 10 and the same pattern occurs but with the words automatic repair appearing under the windows logo. Can anyone help?

:)

kyleandress, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 22, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    I'm trying to install windows 10 in new computer from USB drive.

I don't really understand what you're saying.

You have two options:

A) Have a previously licensed version of Windows 7 or 8 on a PC, run the GWX upgrade to Windows 10 (which then swaps your Windows 7/8 key to a Windows 10 license), then do a clean install and Microsoft will automatically license that PC provided the motherboard is installed.

B) Have a Windows 10 license, install Windows 10 on the PC as a clean install, and input that license.

RCoon, Jun 22, 2020
  4. J1ggy Win User

Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0

Windows 10 Upgrade cycle

i have tried to upgrade to windows 10 countless times and it keeps failing.

issues i come across is as follows:

Step 1: Reserve windows 10.

Step 2 : windows 10 is ready for installation would you like to proceed - yes

result option 1 : Windows 10 installs, reboots with black screen - 2 hours later restarts and pops up with error windows upgrade has failed, repeat step 1 & 2 cycle.

Result option 2: Windows 10 installs, reboots and displays error failed to load second boot phase. repeat step 1 & 2 cycle.

however if i do clean install it works but not solution.

need to get in-place upgrade working.

we have 15 identical laptops, 5 were provisioned for upgrades only 1 succeeded. Installed upgrade remotely on 3 computers no issues and failed on another two.

iv tried downloading and using usb to upgrade same issue.

J1ggy, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0

1. Computer in reboot cycle when trying to install windows 10 off USB 2.0 - Similar Threads - Computer reboot cycle

2. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer power cycling when trying to update to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer power cycling when trying to update to Windows 10 version 2004: My computer started to randomly power cycle yesterday and I couldn't figure out the reason. No blue screen, no weird errors popping up. It just restarts. Thinking it was a hardware issue, I was trying a few things to no avail. I noticed there was a windows update available...
  6. Windows 10 cycles on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 cycles on and off: After powering down it will cycle on and and off. the cpu fan, case fan and power button all come on for about 1 second. It happens every 11 minutes. I replace the power supply, ram and reseated the graphics card, removed the cmos battery. still does it. If I put it in sleep...
  7. USB 2 on bootup but USB 3 when rebooted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 on bootup but USB 3 when rebooted: Good afternoon everyone, I'm having an issue on my machine where when I boot the machine up the USB3 ports on the back are recognised and operate as USB2 at USB2 speeds. When I reboot the machine though, the USB ports are then recognised as USB3 and operate at USB 3...
  8. Windows 10 USB Install Reboot Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Install Reboot Cycle: Hey All, I recently yesterday completed the physical part of my new build. Everything was smooth until I tried to install Windows 10 off of a USB stick 16GB. This USB stick has been formatted and cleared of anything other than the Install Manager. The issue is that the...
  9. Cycling reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cycling reboots: I have a cycling reboots situation. [IMG][IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and neither does reset through the recovery options. I'm trying to just get it open, i don't care much about my files because...
  10. upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%: hi, i have a toshiba satellite laptop with a windows 7 operating system. i began to install the windows 10 upgrade but at 75% the computer went into a reboot cycle. i tried some settings in the BIOS and the computer continues to restart. any ideas? 12177