Windows 10: Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises

Discus and support Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the desktop is on, but not being used, it continually makes little musical noises, which annoys me intensely. I thought it was emails coming in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudyThain, Jul 30, 2019.

1. JudyThain Win User

Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises

When the desktop is on, but not being used, it continually makes little musical noises, which annoys me intensely. I thought it was emails coming in, but that is not the case.

How can I stop it? I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell PC.

Thanks, Judy Thain

:)

JudyThain, Jul 30, 2019

2. Computer makes noises

I don't store any music on my computer. It makes 3 long noises you would hear in a hearing test, stays silent for a moment, and then makes 5 short noises. It would repeat 3-5 times.

My computer says my PC needs to be repaired. It says I have missing data or an error.

Guidelines, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Computer makes noises

I'm a Windows 10 user. Today I just turned on my computer and when I turned it on, it starts making noises. It wont turn on as I said, just will just make random noises. Anyone have a solution to this? Please and thank you.

--------------------EDIT--------------------

I realized that it fixes all by itself, but it takes too long and it happens each time I turn on my computer.

Guidelines, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises

Computer is making a constant noise

My computer is making a constant noise … I can change the noise when I select a different Windows sound theme, but cannot get it to stop

RobertBurrell_869, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises

1. Computer in "Sleep" continually makes noises - Similar Threads - Computer Sleep continually

2. Game randomly freezes, makes a noise, then stops making the noise and continues as usual.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game randomly freezes, makes a noise, then stops making the noise and continues as usual.: When playing any game I haven't had this while opening a tab or anything, the game will sometimes freeze and make this weird buzzing noise through the speakers connected, then it'll stop and continue as usual. Tried cleaning the computer and that's about it. 16 GB RAM. GPU:...
  3. Game randomly freezes, makes a noise, then stops making the noise and continues as usual.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game randomly freezes, makes a noise, then stops making the noise and continues as usual.: When playing any game I haven't had this while opening a tab or anything, the game will sometimes freeze and make this weird buzzing noise through the speakers connected, then it'll stop and continue as usual. Tried cleaning the computer and that's about it. 16 GB RAM. GPU:...
  4. computer making ear piercing noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer making ear piercing noise: woke up this morning to ear piercing noise from computer. Turned it off, still making noise. Unplugged from wall, still making noise. Turned off switch on wall, still making noise. Turned computer back on and now using it but noise still on. Not sure what to do?...
  5. Computer making noise and not letting my type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making noise and not letting my type?: I first noticed this today while playing Minecraft. I would be using my keyboard, and then my computer would make noises like I toggled something, and a key would get stuck. I assume I just accidentally turned on sticky/ toggle, keys so I go to settings to turn them off, but...
  6. Speakers Make Noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers Make Noise: I am a Windows 10 user. All of a sudden this happens anytime anywhere I am in the system my speakers make noise. Can anyone help with this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-make-noise/f6e9a455-bf0a-4bad-b553-75bfe6c3d42a
  7. Continually makes the "USB removed" noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continually makes the "USB removed" noise: Can't figure out why. There is no indication of a device fault in Device Manager. I've been monitoring events using Nirsoft's USBDeview and USBLogView. They show when I plug and unplug an external drive, but they don't show any activity when the random sounds occur. I'm...
  8. computer makes loud beeping noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer makes loud beeping noise: computer freezes completely makes a loud beeping noise cant stay on most time more than 10 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-makes-loud-beeping-noise/445b9e8d-fa24-41e4-8bff-bd80f464defd
  9. Computer making random 8 bit noises.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making random 8 bit noises.: So my Windows 10 computer is making very random noises and sounds. They sound like a bunch of 8 bit video game samples and they keep going off randomly. Some days they don't go off at all, today they go off every few seconds. Have no idea what may be causing this. Anyone else...
  10. Weird noises in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird noises in sleep: So i had just closed a google window and put the system in sleep mode.15 minutes later, as im in bed trying to sleep, my computer starts making this constant beep noise, so i unplug it. Id like to know some ideas of what the cause of this could be. I use a windows 10 PC with...