Windows 10: Computer in wrong language

Discus and support Computer in wrong language in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just changed my computer to display a different language and cannot change it back to English. Can anyone tell me how to do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaniceMoore6, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Computer in wrong language

Just changed my computer to display a different language and cannot change it back to English. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

:)

JaniceMoore6, Dec 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language

2. Ensure that English is at the top of the list of languages

3. Go to Advanced settings

4. Select English in the "Override for Windows display language"

5. Hit Save and then restart computer

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Dec 25, 2019
  4. RFC3514 Win User

Computer in wrong language

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Computer in wrong language

1. Computer in wrong language - Similar Threads - Computer wrong language

2. Photos app is wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  3. News and interests is wrong language!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interests is wrong language!: Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct...
  4. News and interests is wrong language!

in Windows 10 Support
    News and interests is wrong language!: Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct...
  5. KB5000802 update is in wrong language.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5000802 update is in wrong language.: OS: MS Windows 10 x64 English Version 20H2 19042.804 OS GUI language: English. No option to localize. Region country/region: Turkey Regional format: Turkish Turkey Win10 downloaded and installed a latest update without information: 2021-x64 tabanlı Sistemler için Windows...
  6. Spellchecking wrong language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spellchecking wrong language: I'm trying to use English as the default language for Windows and get it to spellcheck both Spanish and English but even getting Spanish as my default language Windows is not spellchecking my Spanish typing...
  7. Wrong language in Microsoft Mahjong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong language in Microsoft Mahjong: Hello, a few days ago, my Mahjong app changed its language from Czech to some foreign language. I checked the app settings, no language options there, so I assumed that the app may be influenced by local system settings. But the local settings language and location are set to...
  8. Edge in wrong Language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge in wrong Language: I am updating Edge on my work PC and for whatever reason its installing to a non-English language. I have tried the settings in edge to change the display language but English is not a option either USA or UK. The PC itself is set to English. All other apps use English. It...
  9. Wrong Language in Photo Editor

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Language in Photo Editor: My Photo Editor suddenly switched language from English to Greek. As I am not fluent in Greek I would like to switch it back, but I can't find any setting. I bought the computer in Greece, but my default language is English and all my apps, including Office, are in English....
  10. Wrong language on errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong language on errors: If I get an error message (or blue screen, not responding, etc), it displays on the original language of the system, even though I removed the entire language pack after originally upgrading to Windows 10 (didn't happen before the most recent update). How do I fix this, so...