Windows 10: computer increased idle temps

Discus and support computer increased idle temps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi there, my cpu idle temps risen from 30c to 40c? could a windows update have caused this? happened after recent updates i think, but not sure which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MSuser89, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MSuser89 Win User

computer increased idle temps

hi there, my cpu idle temps risen from 30c to 40c? could a windows update have caused this? happened after recent updates i think, but not sure which updates would cause this. when i game the temps will reach almost 70c on the cpu, and the max for my cpu is 72c. i think this is not good. what have caused this?cpu is intel i7 4790 and cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler.

:)

MSuser89, Jun 1, 2021
  2. KieX Win User

2600K idle temp

The temps seem fine to me. On Megahalems and D14 idle temps at 4.6GHz are around 40C with room temps around 30C. But as random suggested you can enable the speedstep states in BIOS so that it underclocks when idle. Although in my experience doesn't make much more difference.

EDIT: Those load temps are a little on the high side.. maybe 5C or more than they could be.

KieX, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. computer increased idle temps - Similar Threads - computer increased idle

2. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  3. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  4. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound keeps increasing while idle: My sound keeps on increasing while doing nothing on the computer or while trying to do browsing and emails.I set the sound normal not too loud, but it keeps on increasing. I need to stop this since it is annoying, and it will damage my ears....
  6. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound keeps increasing while idle: My sound keeps on increasing while doing nothing on the computer or while trying to do browsing and emails.I set the sound normal not too loud, but it keeps on increasing. I need to stop this since it is annoying, and it will damage my ears....
  7. Sound keeps increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What is your CPU Idle temp?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is your CPU Idle temp?: I've been thinking about this for sometime and was wondering if anyone comes close to my Idle temp. My Idle temp is at 2 Celsius, 35.6 Fahrenheit. It would be interesting to see the temp at system Idle on your system?? I also ran a stress test on my CPU and I maxed at 41...
  9. RAM increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM increasing while idle: So whenever I restart my laptop I am using 2.3GB of RAM without anything open because I have 2GB for graphics. When I leave my computer on for about 5-6 hours it get's to 3.8GB of RAM without anything open. I have 3.9BG of RAM which causes my laptop to run really slow. Even...
  10. Ryzen 3600 Idle Temps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ryzen 3600 Idle Temps.: Is it just me or does the Ryzen 3600 run a bit warm? Mine fluctuates between 40C-50C at idle and I don't know if I should be worried or not. It's at stock settings and cooled by a Dark Rock 4. I'm even considering sending the DR4 back and replacing it with a Arctic Liquid...