Windows 10: Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster

Discus and support Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright so, i installed windows 10 had it working for about a week my graphics card was away for repair and when i finally got it back i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rangu66, Aug 13, 2015.

1. rangu66 Win User

Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster

Alright so, i installed windows 10 had it working for about a week my graphics card was away for repair and when i finally got it back i tried installing it only to discover my PCI slot on my mobo was bad. So i ordered a new mobo when i got the new mobo in the mail i installed and powered on my system the usb drivers were working fine. I still popped in the install CD for audio drivers about mid install of the drivers i leave the room and come back to discover windows 10 had reset itself and was installing "updates" at about 55% it completely froze i left it alone for about an hour before I rebooted. Upon rebooting i discovered none of my usb ports work it appears the driver install got eliminated mid installation. So my pc was just stuck there on the new annoying mandatory log in page Luckily my Mobo had a ps/2 slot so i had to travel all around town to thrift shops and pawn shops to find a ps/2 keyboard, success i got the keyboard and j signed in! Time to pop in the drivers CD and reaccomplish it! Only one thing... Windows says "failed to install update"*instant reboot* by the way my only internet access on this PC is a wireless usb dongle.... after about 1.7million resets the PC remained active for longer than 30seconds and in that time i tried to make use of the driver disc only to discover when it opens up it says "driver installation fail" followed promptly by a forced restart.... don't even get my started on how much of a pain in the ass it is to use keyboard only on W10. Absolute nightmare... any ideas? I havnt used my PC in about a week, by the way safe mode doesn't work

:)

rangu66, Aug 13, 2015

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3081424) fails to install and reboots with error: “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes.”

Las win10 update destroyed my Toshiba encore tablet ! Lost the SO by entering on a infinite reboot loop ...

Finally trying to fix the problem everything got lost including recovery partition!

Disaster!

JUAN CARLOS MARIN SILVA, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 killed my computer

Having installed Windows 10 my computer has started to crash repeatedly, and whenever I switch it on is now in an endless loop of blackscreen/rebooting which goes nowhere. I don't have a USB or CD ROM for Windows to try booting up that way, and otherwise
    have no idea how to get my computer back to life. Windows 10 an absolute disaster!

dougals363, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

With a new mobo mate your best bet would be to get all your files off your HD, format and do a complete reinstall of your original OS and upgrade from there.

Also as far as I know your windows 10 activation is connected to your hardware so even if you managed to get it to boot it would not activate.

If you were using the old mobo with the on-board gfs, put it back in then boot, downgrade back to your original OS to get your Windows Key and any files you need off, if you have your key you could use a linux bootable disk to remove your files with the new mobo installed, unplug from the internet, install your version of windows, activate by phone, update then upgrade to 10 again.

Thema:

1. Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster - Similar Threads - Computer inoperable win10

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. Win10 sudden Bsod boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 sudden Bsod boot loop: Hi, My PC was fine, I woke it from sleep and ran up iTunes to watch some stuff on apple TV. Went to TV and apple TV couldn't connect to iTunes. Back to the computer and its sitting on a bsod with the stop code : SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED no file is listed On...
  5. Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters: (l'm using my PS4 for this; please excuse any format errors.) In early October, I got a disk repair error. Upon going through the process, it wouldn't successfully complete - got that System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt issue. After several online tutorials failed me, as well...
  6. Win10 stuck in endless boot loop

Win10 stuck in endless boot loop: Win10 Stuck in endless loop of boot up. Automatic Repair. I am having a windows 10 startup problem. from the command prompt I've used "bootrec /fixboot" but access is denied. Then i followed diskpart command DISKPART> select vol 1 Volume 1 is the selected volume....
  7. Computer stuck in boot loop

Computer stuck in boot loop: Hi all, My computer had been quite unstable lately and this morning it didn't boot at all anymore. I suspected this to be an overheating issue, as it would POST again and the fans would blow way less hard after I cleaned it out. I also checked the temperatures in the BIOS...
  8. Win10 Boot Loop Issue

Win10 Boot Loop Issue: Dell Inspiron 11-3148 with Intel Core i3-4030 running Win 10 Home Last night it unexpectedly rebooted. After Win login only got black screen with mouse pointer. Rebooted several times with same result. Followed numerous online suggestions and finally got to Advanced...
  9. Computer is literally a disaster after an update

Computer is literally a disaster after an update: So a while back my computer updated for an official Windows update, Since then my computer has just been downright broken. It started out with a small error that would happen when I opened applications like Steam, nothing big, just a quick pop-up and everything was fine,...
  10. Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop: Preface- this is a laptop of a computer illiterate friend. Knowing win10 had a built in tool to do a clean install, I offered to run it for her. Alas, I am apparently not as literate as I'd like to think. The computer in question is an Acer Cloudbook AO1-431-C8G8. It came...