Windows 10: Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10

Discus and support Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Windows computers. My first and main computer is Windows 10 and the second computer, which I use for image rendering and is connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diplocaulus, May 8, 2019.

1. Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10

I have 2 Windows computers. My first and main computer is Windows 10 and the second computer, which I use for image rendering and is connected to my first on a home network via Ethernet, was Windows 7. I just updated the second Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 and now it is no longer visible on the network. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out how to get it back online.

I keep trying to call Microsoft support, but after going through a phone maze a recording tells me to call back during "business" hours. Business hours? These calls go to India. **** are Microsoft's "business" hours?

:)

Diplocaulus, May 8, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 8, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 8, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10

1. Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Computer invisible network

2. Networked Computers are "Invisible": Known Issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked Computers are "Invisible": Known Issue?: I am on Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752). My wife bought her Win10 machine last November. I bought mine in January. Ever since then, I have been kicking my *** over the problem of not being able to see each other's machines on our home network. When we had...
  3. Desktop complete is invisible after upgrade from Vista to 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop complete is invisible after upgrade from Vista to 7 to 10: Here's what happened: 1. Laptop was bought with Windows Vista Home edition 2. Switched the hard drive to a newer used laptop 3. Upgraded from Vista to 7 At this point all my files were there just had to look for them. The Desktop was visible, BUT no icons or files were...
  4. Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Have a bought-in-when-it-was-a-new-OS Windows 7 tower. It's rarely used, but I dusted it off the other day and decided to get it current before support ran out. Everything went fine, but then I decided to upgrade to 10. I popped in my Windows 10 Pro disk and upgraded without...
  5. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  6. Computer on network invisible to other computer. Both Windows 10.

Computer on network invisible to other computer. Both Windows 10.: Can someone please help, this is driving me crazy. I can see one computer on the network from the other computer but not the other way around. I have network and sharing turned on on both computers. Regards, Stuart...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues: Hi All Just updated my final Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 but have an issue with the Ethernet Adapter. It is a VM machine running on Windows 2012R2. Before the upgrade the VM had a static IP address but after the upgrade it had gone to a DHCP address. No Issues, I...
  8. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.) Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I...
  9. No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10: After 10 upgrade, the keyboard in my Compaq Presario CQ57-315NR notebook doesn't work except when I'm in "Control Panel". I seem to be able to type in the search box there, but that is the only place the keyboard works. I have tried uninstalling the driver and then...
  10. No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7: I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 now the machine refuses to show the network adapters! Both adapters show in the device manager as running OK. I have tried to reinstall the drivers - win 10 says the latest driver is installed. I tried removing the adapters by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer is invisible to the network