Windows 10: Computer is a mess (LONG POST)

Discus and support Computer is a mess (LONG POST) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an acer aspire r5, and its been recently acting up. So basically what happened is i start it up, it takes 1 minute to get past the acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XxMythicalKidXx, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Computer is a mess (LONG POST)

I have an acer aspire r5, and its been recently acting up.

So basically what happened is i start it up, it takes 1 minute to get past the acer loading screen, then im at the log in screen, where i cant sign in to ANY accounts, i had to activate the admin account, and it logs in to admin account, and it says "your pc will restart in one minute" and i cant do anything before it restarts... But on one occasion, it let me go to the desktop where i tried to abort the shutdown, and it gives me a error.

Oh and let me explain how it restarts, it doesnt say restarting or gives me an error/bsod, the screen goes black and it goes back to the acer screen,

The other problem is, the touchpad wont work, and the internet just shows a ethernet symbol with an red x, (it doesnt even have a ethernet port) so the clock is way out of date.

Is it a virus or something? I can access a cmd thru windows recovery, and it doesnt do it there...

Oh, and the laptop is 3 years old

:)

XxMythicalKidXx, Nov 6, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 6, 2019
  3. trt740 Win User
    Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Computer is a mess (LONG POST)

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer is a mess (LONG POST)

1. Computer is a mess (LONG POST) - Similar Threads - Computer mess LONG

2. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  3. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  4. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Long post Screen overlaps and becomes distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long post Screen overlaps and becomes distorted: I'm on my laptop, Dell Inspiron 5555, and the screen blinks quickly and flashes a sort of distorted or pink screen. Then later it gets distorted.Everything is pink-ish and doubled. This happened years ago. About a year after laptop was received.I decided to go to paint to...
  6. Long post Screen overlaps and becomes distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long post Screen overlaps and becomes distorted: I'm on my laptop, Dell Inspiron 5555, and the screen blinks quickly and flashes a sort of distorted or pink screen. Then later it gets distorted.Everything is pink-ish and doubled. This happened years ago. About a year after laptop was received.I decided to go to paint to...
  7. Long post Screen overlaps and becomes distorted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. computer hangs at POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer hangs at POST: my pc hangs at startup at post screen it has now happened for second time what to do I have already tried changing ssd sata cable also changed psu cable that connects ssd what else should I do step by step?...
  9. BIOS POST on restart too long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS POST on restart too long: Please review the forums rules about piracy. *Arrow Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...