Windows 10: Computer is always locked upon screen off

Discus and support Computer is always locked upon screen off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 installed on a new machine. I have configured it to turn display off after 4 minutes and go to Sleep after 10 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K.Kong, May 5, 2021.

1. K.Kong Win User

Computer is always locked upon screen off

I have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 installed on a new machine. I have configured it to turn display off after 4 minutes and go to Sleep after 10 minutes. Screen Saver is set to None.Every time the screen goes off at 4 minutes, the PC is locked. I have to unlock it with fingerprint or PIN.How do I prevent the PC from being locked automatically?

:)

K.Kong, May 5, 2021

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 5, 2021
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2021
  4. Computer is always locked upon screen off

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer is always locked upon screen off

1. Computer is always locked upon screen off - Similar Threads - Computer always locked

2. Locked screen always shows Singapore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked screen always shows Singapore?: [ATTACH] I am curious if it is the case for you too. The locked screen of Wimdows10 shows some random pictures of places in the world. Recently, I have seen that the pictures I have since more than one month are always taken in Singapore, at various places in the city. Is...
  3. Why my laptop always locks after screen off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop always locks after screen off?: Hi, I recently bought a laptop which runs Windows 11. I have set my screen to turn off after 2 minutes and go to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. But the problem is, every time when the screen turns off not sleep, it automatically locks the screen too. So I have to unlock...
  4. Why my laptop always locks after screen off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop always locks after screen off?: Hi, I recently bought a laptop which runs Windows 11. I have set my screen to turn off after 2 minutes and go to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. But the problem is, every time when the screen turns off not sleep, it automatically locks the screen too. So I have to unlock...
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. Lock upon sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock upon sleep: I've reinstalled windows and noticed that the windows doesn't lock up on sleep and don't ask me to sign in. I know there is an option to enable login credentials after waking from sleep, the problem is that I can't find that option anywhere. It's like the option is being...
  7. Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't lock upon sleep: I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is right back to the desktop. Locking the computer manually (Windows key + L) works and it works during a reboot, but not during a...
  8. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...
  9. Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications: I don't find any setting to let the screen stay off when: laptop is always on and logged in, after a given time screen goes off, but every incoming notification makes the screen wake up for a few seconds then off again. I agree it could be a nice behaviour if so one wishes;...
  10. Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off: Hello, been having windows 10 for a while now, just recently I started having an issue upon boot. I'm having a little problems explaining the issue, so searching up solutions have proved difficult. I get as far as to the windows icon, next should be the login screen, then...