Windows 10: Computer is beyond my repair

Discus and support Computer is beyond my repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant fix my HP stream 14 it started after I finished using it for school it kept acting up so I updated windows and restarted it then after I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DYoung76, Jan 26, 2021.

1. DYoung76 Win User

Computer is beyond my repair

I cant fix my HP stream 14 it started after I finished using it for school it kept acting up so I updated windows and restarted it then after I got a blue screen with an error saying BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR i only had 32GB of space on it and 4GB of RAM so I didnt download much on it so I looked up fixes on youtube it also said something about logfile SrtTrail first I tried to use a flash drive to reinstall windows that didn’t work because I created it on my second laptop which was MacBook Air because I haven’t created a system restore on my account. Recovery was working until I tried to fix the mbr using control prompt after watching one of the youtube videos of how to fix the issue, straight after it said there was a recovery error 0xc000000f. I later found out a program rufus that could turn my USB flash drive into a windows install media device so I turned on Legacy and turned off secured boot and attempt to use it in boot options F9 but now theres an error that says a disk read error occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Please help my device is covered but im not trying to take it to uBreakifix because I had devices that needed to be fixed before and they end up more broken.

:)

DYoung76, Jan 26, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Your computer needs to be repaired. Error: 0Xc0000185

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly.

If the issue persists even after startup repair I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jan 26, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer is beyond my repair - Similar Threads - Computer beyond repair

2. Laptop is beyond repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is beyond repair...: I know that I need to buy a new computer. I do need to get a few files off my computer beforehand.My laptop been through it this year, and it got worse today.It won't turn on nor show any sign of light. Ex. Keyboard, power button light, nor charger button.Charger it for 30...
  3. Laptop is beyond repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is beyond repair...: I know that I need to buy a new computer. I do need to get a few files off my computer beforehand.My laptop been through it this year, and it got worse today.It won't turn on nor show any sign of light. Ex. Keyboard, power button light, nor charger button.Charger it for 30...
  4. Laptop is beyond repair...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  6. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  7. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I think my Windows 10 is corrupted beyond repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think my Windows 10 is corrupted beyond repair.: For the past few weeks I have been trying everything I can in order to repair my copy of Windows 10 Pro, but nothing seems to be working.Windows Firewall refuses to boot up, Windows Defender refuses to boot up and my computer is now slowing down a lot even though my computer...
  9. I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing.: I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing. I went through all the troubleshooting steps and "recycled" it. Now it just says unable to reboot will restart for you and never powers back up over and over again. I should note it was a display model B4...
  10. REPAIR MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REPAIR MY COMPUTER: [IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to trouble shoot but it also couldnt help me. I clicked Reset this pc after I clicked troubleshoot this pc but it just told me it...