Windows 10: Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish

Discus and support Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a Surface Laptop 2. I am switching back to Windows from Mac after 16-1/2 years. As I am learning Spanish, I decided to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardSelin, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish

I just bought a Surface Laptop 2. I am switching back to Windows from Mac after 16-1/2 years. As I am learning Spanish, I decided to install the Spanish keyboard in addition to the English keyboard. Windows interpreted that as meaning my language was Spanish, not English. I changed the language back to English. However, while most of the items in the Window pane (not sure what it's called, it's the window that comes up when I click on the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen) are in English, some are in Spanish. For example, "Settings" is not under "S"; it is under "C" and called "Configuración¨. How do I get everything back into English? I have installed all updates and Windows is telling me my computer is up to date. I've restarted twice when prompted while installing the updates but it still doesn't get rid of the odd bits of Spanish floating around.

:)

RichardSelin, Jan 4, 2019

2. Change system language from Spanish to English

Added English to system, but most of system information still displayed as Spanish. what will be next step

Henry 2017, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu, apps and store displaying in Spanish while OS is English. How can I fix?

I too have had this issue. I will use the Spanish keyboard for communication with friends who speak Spanish on social media. I think when I upgraded to Windows 10, the Spanish keyboard was on and thus many apps were displayed in Spanish. I just tried following
    the steps that were suggested, but I did something a little different and now my apps are all in English even though my keyboard is presently in Spanish.

First, I went to the 'Time & Language' settings. Then I clicked on the 'Region & language' tab. At the bottom of that screen it says 'Related settings'. I clicked on the link that says 'Additional date, time, & regional settings'. This opened a new window.
    Underneath the heading 'Language', there is a link that says 'Change input methods'. Upon opening this link I came to a list of the languages I use on my computer. It was listed Español first and English second. You can choose to 'Move up' the English language.
    When I did that it seemed to solve the issue. Now all of my apps are in English. I just tested this out and clicked 'Move up' for Español and it changed the language of those apps back to Spanish.

Hopefully this helps you solve this issue. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sherrie

sherrielambert, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish

Windows 10 Start Menu, apps and store displaying in Spanish while OS is English. How can I fix?

1oldtimercandu, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish

1. Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish - Similar Threads - Computer displaying mix

2. Switch between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  3. Switch between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  4. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Translator English-Spanish

Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  7. How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only: I just install Windows 10 Home for Spanish only with real product key. I just find out there is not any other language in this package..... I look at Microsoft site, there is not any Window 10 Home full version that I may download. I am a deaf person, I am not able to use...
  8. Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?: Hello, What happens if I have installed Win 10 v1903 x64 English version and I update to Win 10 v2004 x64 Spanish version? Thanks 163169
  9. spanish to english

in Windows 10 Customization
    spanish to english: just bopught a pc and its all in Spanish windows 10 how to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-to-english/d0f15356-260a-4758-8427-6b13f9d869e5
  10. Switching Between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Between English and Spanish: What is your best option in Windows 10 if you would like to be able to switch easily between English and Spanish? First of all, I am not a computer expert, but I can follow instructions. I have installed a Spanish language pack and have learned to switch back and forth...