Windows 10: Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Discus and support Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse. I am incapable of obtaining the Windows Version number or any other info. That is where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bearcat22, Oct 17, 2019.

1. bearcat22 Win User

Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse.
    I am incapable of obtaining the Windows Version number or any other info.
    That is where it is now.

Background: purchased July 3 2019: Shinobee SSD Ultra 8-Core Gaming PC/Multimedia Desktop Computer - FX 8300 8 x 4.20 GHz - AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB DDR5 Graphics - 8GB DDR3-240GB SSD - 500GB HDD - Win10 Pro - CD/DVD±RW - WiFi #6006

Since purchase, computer has crashed on three different occasions that I can remember.
    On each occasion, a great many programs were running simultaneously.
    I suspect mandatory Win10 updates have been a factor in these crashes.

After latest crash, this is what I tried:

1. Hard reboot, showed only blue MS logo, stuck there. All keys unresponsive.
    2. Hard reboot. Blue Logo with "Preparing Automatic Repair". Stuck there doing nothing, all keys and mouse unresponsive.
    3. Hard reboot. Stuck on just blue logo again.
    4. Hard reboot. Again same results as number 2 above.
    5. Workmen in the apartment proceed to idiotically trip the circuit breaker three times in a row. They couldn't speak English, so hard to get them to understand to use another outlet instead.
    6. Hard reboot, same results as number 1 again.
    7. Hard boot, same as number 2 again.
    8 Disconnected DSL cable, removed commercial DVD from drive, hard reboot, back to number 1 again.

This is the second or third time I have gotten stuck on "preparing automatic repair".
    Searching a solution, it says "just hard boot three times in a row" but that isn't working this time, as you can see from the list above

I have some kind of USB drive I made for Win10 recovery, but I never bothered to
    write down where I got it or what it is named or how to use it. Stupid.
    One thing I DO remember is that the instructions stated that the USB drive had to have
    a minimum capacity of 16 GB, and I used a brand new empty drive of that size.

Looking at this USB drive, it appears to contain this

Folder named EFI
    Folder named sources
    Some kind of thing named reagent.

EFI folder contains:

Folder named Boot, which contains "bootx64.efi"

Folder named Microsoft contains:

Folder named Boot
    Folder named Recovery

I have tried to use this USB recovery drive to boot.
    Somwhere I read I had to hold down Windows key + L, but that doesn't do anything.
    The computer ignores it.

Contacted the manufacturer, and I'm scared that their "solution" is going to just wipe out
    everything I have stored on my computer. As of the time of this post I
    have NOT yet tried the following:

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that the purchased item causes trouble.
    It seems that there has been an issue with a Windows update.
    Might it be possible to reinstall Windows completely?
    You can download the image from this site.

"https://www.microsoft.com/en- us/software-download/windows10 ISO"

Here is a tutorial which will guide you through the steps.

How To Create Windows 10 Installation Disk Or Bootable USB

To boot from DVD/USB you need to press F9 immediately after turning on the device. Than you can choose USB or DVD. Than the Installation starts.
    Remove all current partitions and create a new NTFS partition.

You would not need to reinsert the activation key, as the system will activate itself when connected to the internet.

Feel free to contact us for any further requests.

Regards

Shinobee Customer Service

Update: As I wait for someone to answer this forum post, I'm researching.
    The damaged machine supposedly has two drives, one SSD, one HD.
    I know nothing about the subject of "partitions" but I get the impression that it might be possible to
    preserve my personal files by simply putting the OS in a brand new partition on a drive that does not contain my files.

Unfortunately, I really dont' know how to do that.
    I think when I've stored things, I haven't chosen where to do that.
    I think it force-defaults to the SSD, and I think that is where the OS is installed.
    So.....have to install fresh OS on HDD, then move personal files to HDD from SDD.
    Then move OS to the now-blank SDD.

I'm afraid I'm going to get confused and mess this all up.

More info: Before the blue logo, with or without message Preparing Automatic Repair"
    a large logo appears "6+" and below that something like:

TAB to show Text
    DEL to enter Bios
    F9 to select boot drive
    F12 to enter flasher utilty

None of these keys do anything, and this screen only stays up maybe five seonds, then locked on
    Blue windows logo again.

:)

bearcat22, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Keyboard. And mouse frozen on keyboard input

Hello Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • When exactly the keyboard and mouse freezes?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Does it freezes over a time period?

If you are able to use keyboard and mouse after some time interval, I request you to try the below troubleshooting step:

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

1. Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse - Similar Threads - Computer frozen won't

2. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse: This has only been happening for the last couple weeks I'd say, but occasionally my computer receives double inputs from the keyboard or mouse. For instance, pressing "a" sometimes gives "aa" instead happens with other letters too or right clicking with the mouse will right...
  3. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse: This has only been happening for the last couple weeks I'd say, but occasionally my computer receives double inputs from the keyboard or mouse. For instance, pressing "a" sometimes gives "aa" instead happens with other letters too or right clicking with the mouse will right...
  4. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB ports stop accepting inputs from my mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports stop accepting inputs from my mouse.: Hello. I have been dealing with an issue recently where my USB ports will randomly stop accepting mice inputs. I have tried each mouse on a different computer verifying they work. When I plug and unplug the mice, I hear the noise signifying that they have been plugged or...
  6. USB ports stop accepting inputs from my mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports stop accepting inputs from my mouse.: Hello. I have been dealing with an issue recently where my USB ports will randomly stop accepting mice inputs. I have tried each mouse on a different computer verifying they work. When I plug and unplug the mice, I hear the noise signifying that they have been plugged or...
  7. USB ports stop accepting inputs from my mouse.

8. Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted

Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD with the latest Windows 10with all updates installed:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎17/‎5/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 I have a Hama wireless keyboard that uses Microsoft's...
  9. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  10. Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse: So I work at a library and recently one of our computer developed the issue where whenever we booted up the computer, it would say that it detected / was setting up / finished setting up the keyboard / mouse, and yet would not take input from either of them. I checked to make...