Windows 10: Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze...

Discus and support Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have not had this problem in a long time. I've included a DMP file from 8/8/2019 in there on top of the new ones as well which was the last time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by INL21, Sep 17, 2020.

1. INL21 Win User

Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze...

So I have not had this problem in a long time. I've included a DMP file from 8/8/2019 in there on top of the new ones as well which was the last time this has happened. And now it is happening again I did recently change my Computer case which makes me think I might have messed something up. But part of me thinks it might be a faulty PSU or maybe a windows update? or maybe some drivers are outdated or something. I really don't know, I have no clue how to read the DMP files so I have included a SystemInformation file I think I did it correctly and hope it works a few images of the critical error and a few DMP files. so if anyone can help me out with this that would be great thanks in advance!

I used mediafire hopefully that's okay.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4qej3lyusozvc

:)

INL21, Sep 17, 2020

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze...

Critical Kernel-Power Error 41

I have noticed since 12/21/17 that I have had 33 critical kernel-power errors. These cause my computer restart with no error messages. Thank you for the assistance. Here are the relevant details from the event viewer:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-04-10T21:00:02.981423700Z

EventRecordID 10559

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-L54FGM0

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress 0

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 0

Checkpoint 0

ConnectedStandbyInProgress false

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 6

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

CheckpointStatus 0

WilliamCrown, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze...

1. Computer is Getting a Kernel Power Critical Error causing the computer to restart or freeze... - Similar Threads - Computer Getting Kernel

2. Kernel Power critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power critical error: My PC has started crashing once a day, sometimes twice a day now and I am not sure why. I tried reseating ram and my gpu, reseated power connectors. It runs fine otherwise but this has started to be very frustrating. When it BSOD's the screen is all messed up as well - the...
  3. Kernel Power critical errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power critical errors: Cada vez que el juego Honkai Star Rail me aparece pantalla azul con un error de kernel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-critical-errors/f7425c6d-6162-49b4-814d-5c9a8ba8938f
  4. Kernel Power critical errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power critical errors: I have been getting these:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 5/18/2023 3:09:34 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DRJUTE3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  5. Kernel Power critical errors

Kernel Power critical errors: I have been getting these:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 5/18/2023 3:09:34 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DRJUTE3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  6. Kernel Power critical errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help Determining Cause of Kernel-Power Critical Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Determining Cause of Kernel-Power Critical Error: Hello,For the past few weeks I've been struggling with crashes, with no rhyme or reason why and when they are happening. Event log tells me the same thing every time - Kernel-Power, Event ID 63, Task Category 63, Keywords 70368744177664,2. I've tried all the troubleshooting...
  8. Help Determining Cause of Kernel-Power Critical Error

Help Determining Cause of Kernel-Power Critical Error: Hello,For the past few weeks I've been struggling with crashes, with no rhyme or reason why and when they are happening. Event log tells me the same thing every time - Kernel-Power, Event ID 63, Task Category 63, Keywords 70368744177664,2. I've tried all the troubleshooting...
  9. Help Determining Cause of Kernel-Power Critical Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Kernel Power critical errors

Kernel Power critical errors: I have been getting these:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 5/21/2022 9:37:45 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: unknown Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting...